Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 100 quid ofr a pair of cross and commuting wheels
  • karnali
    Free Member

whats the best options out there that is max budget

ta

Gary_M
    Free Member

I just bought a pair of shimano rs10's from crc for £90, which was the same price a rear only was marked as. Not light but they'll do for commuting over winter.

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    crazy-legs

CRC are doing some of the older Mavic Aksiums for £100:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12855

Excellent budget wheel, I've seen them used in full on cross racing and they've stood up to it fine.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Don't think those aksiums are in stock at crc. Anyway if you can get them they are a fine wheel, had a set on for around 18 months and only reason I had to replace them was that the rear spkes kept loosening off, however other spokes had siezed and they couldn't be trued. They did last around 8000 miles so no complaints and the bearings were still super smooth with no maintenance. If I'd found a set in black at that price I would have bought them again.

MrAgreeable

I have the RS10s and although they are cheap and can take a reasonable pasting, replacement spokes are ludicrously expensive – around a fiver for two IIRC – and take weird size nipples.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Shimano R-550's are pretty good, added a 1/4 turn to every spoke in the back wheel and they stiffened up noticeably. No idea how they'd cope with cross though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘100 quid ofr a pair of cross and commuting wheels’ is closed to new replies.