• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 100 mm 29er recommendations please – lifetime warranty for preference!
  • hillsplease

Afternoon All

Anyone got a 29er 100mm XC/trail bike recommendation please as something a bit quicker than the 120/150mm Rumblefish that I generally pootle about on. Ideally looking £3k or less.

Thusly we have:

Trek Superfly 100 AL
    Specialized Camber (120mm)
    Santa Crux Tallboy XC (anxious about carbon and cash)

Scott Spark seems to get poor press. Felts look quite costly. Cannondales and their endless’new standards’ I really would rather just ride my existing bike.

Any thoughts welcome even if it’s just ‘take your current bike to Canada for a lovely treat and stop boring us.’

Thanks

Paul

thegreatape
    Free Member

Are you Renton with a new username? 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

Orbea Occam. 100/120, fast, fun and lifetime warranty. Have one and love it. I use it for lots of stuff it’s not meant for and it has lasted really well, no issues at all. It’s a really capable little bike.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Whyte M-109?

bowglie

Maybe a bit leftfield(?), but I’d suggest a Devinci Atlas. I’m a serial bike swapper and have had a few FS 29ers (inc. Camber Alu & carbon, and a Tallboy LTc, oh, and a Superlight, which has same geometry as Tallboy ‘xc’). Out of all that lot, my Atlas is the definite keeper; it has shorter chainstays than most 29 FS’s, and it’s the most 26er-like FS 29er I’ve ridden – it’s got a really fun feel to the ride and loves to pop off stuff. Took the Atlas to Dalby in the week and, crikey, I thought my TB LT was quick round there, but the Atlas was in a different league. The rear suspension feels more pedal friendly than the FSR or VPP2, and I’ve not had to use the lockout, even on long Tarmac climbs.

The Atlas’s have 110mm rear travel and will take anything from 100mm to 140mm fork. I’m currently running a 140mm fork, and previously had a 120mm on there – both OK, but reckon 130mm would be absolutely perfect. One of the nice things with Devinci is that they offer a lifetime warranty on both their carbon and aluminium frames, which I believe is transferable between owners! The Devinci website is worth checking out if you’re interested, because the manufacturing stuff is very impressive – tbh, I think their bearings are better than SC’s….and on another planet to the cheap c*** bearings that Specialized use.

DanW
    Free Member

Cannondales and their endless’new standards’ I really would rather just ride my existing bike.

What are these endless new standards Cannondale are putting out? BB30 and the Lefty have been around for yonks. The different dish on the FSi doesn’t apply to the Scalpel so nothing scary there! You probably won’t want the Trek for them coming up with Boost 148 or the Spec for coming up with 142+ either 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘100 mm 29er recommendations please – lifetime warranty for preference!’ is closed to new replies.