• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 100-120mm 29er fork for suggestions please
  • andyl
    Free Member

A friend has just got a Lynskey Ridgeline and is after fork suggestions.

He spotted the X fusion slide but I was wondering what else was out there as there are some healthy discounts at the moment. 15mm axle and tapered fork fine. £300-400ish.

andyl
    Free Member

bump for the morning. I’m a bit out of touch with what’s good at the moment.

egb81
    Free Member

I have a Slide (set at 120mm) and it’s very good. Simple but effective and pretty stiff. Perfect for me as I can’t be arsed with fettling suspension.

z1ppy

Hearing a lot of love for the X-fusion kit, the obvious other choice is shirley the RS Reba’s in the 32mm stantion zone.

Pyro

Manitou Tower Pro. Love mine, various specs about but the best fork I’ve used in years (after RS Reba, Fox). Not tried the X-Fusions but love the Manitou.

ska-49
    Free Member

I would suggest a set of RS Sids ’14 with whatever features he requires.
    There are very good value options online at the moment.

danti

Love my x fusion Trace reduced to 120mm, 34mm stanchions so a bit stiffer for the heavier rider or for rocks/drops.

Depends on what/where your mate regularly rides.

CheesybeanZ

Another vote for Manitou .

honeybadgerx

I’ve got some DT Swiss XMM120’s on my FF29 and very much liking them, think they can be hard to come by now but you might find a bargain if you hunt?

tonyg2003

Got the Manitou Tower Pro on my Carbon HT 29er and tbh I like them more than the Fox on my FS 29er

jonnyrockymountain

Sids rct 3 or the dt xmm (120mm on either)

johnny

120mm SID with the RCT3 damper. Thread closed.

andyl
    Free Member

I was thinking Reba or maybe SIDs as i had spotted some cheapish ones.

Manipoo (old habbit after I had some cheap ones) seems to be getting some attention. DT swiss I didn’t know where to start so will take a gander.

Looks like the X fusion will be a good one if all else fails.

Mainly XC stuff by the looks of it. Suggested some LB carbon rims etc but forks I was stuck. He’s Dorset/Poole kind of way if it help.

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘100-120mm 29er fork for suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.