Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 10 Under The Ben
  • weeble
    Free Member

Just about to enter 10 Under the Ben for the first time.

I'll be riding solo and was wondering what the pit arrangments are like?

crazy-legs

Last time I did it, the pits were undercover in a huge cattleshed with a concrete floor. It was roasting outside so at least it provided some shade. I remember it being a bit of a faff getting all our stuff from the car park to the shed though!
    Plenty of space though, it was all fairly laid back, everyone kind of found their own space and just got on with it.

boxelder

Solos have a separate lane at transition and you can leave a big bag or box at the edge by the railings/banners (which happily gave some shade last time).
    EDIT: it's moved from 'the shed' to behind the start of the gondola – you can drive to within 50yds.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

massive car park by the start/finish, plus some of the course usually goes along side it too. take a pit crew if you can, they can leave bottles etc at strategic places.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its not at the cattle shed any more

its down by nevis range carpark – the transision is under the saddlespan gazeebo

for soloing we just stop at the car where we park it

trail_rat
    Free Member

its not at the cattle shed any more

its down by nevis range carpark – the transision is under the saddlespan gazeebo

for soloing we just stop at the car where we park it

mr_stru

If it's like last year there is a big old carpark next to the handover area where you can set up your car/var/easyup/bedouin encampment. At most you're going to be a minutes slow cycle from the handover area. The handover area is a chunk more relaxed than the other endurance events I've done ( I think, I was solo so wasn't really paying much attention ).

If you're bothered about being really near the course I'd bagsy a space early but otherwise it all seemed good to me.

slimtubing
    Free Member

A girl from my home village (lochgoilhead) is doing this race, she is called Mairi Todd and is quite nifty, please give her some encouragement from me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘10 Under The Ben’ is closed to new replies.