Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • 10 under roll call
  • boxelder

arm pump

Thought was just me being a wuss. For the last couple of laps I was looking forward to climbing for a rest!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

A strong 2 laps in solo male, made it in to the bottom 10 I believe – quite the achievement.

Mega sore throat from heckling at the campsite corner. Much fun.

novaswift
    Free Member

Did it solo and managed 8 laps with father time chasing me all the way round I felt every one of my 48 years afterwards. The encouragement from everyone involved was brilliant

radoggair
    Free Member

a sweet 11 laps for me solo, double puncture, broken spoke, at least 3 dropped chains ( 1×10), but a fun if eventful day out. Climbing was brutal though but descents were fantastic

thegreatape
    Free Member

a sweet 11 laps for me

No way. That’s simply not possible. Unless you are posting from the afterlife?

boxelder

Results are up

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah well, in the top 86% for the pairs. Could be worse!

meikle_partans
    Free Member

17th in male senior pairs, 35th out of all the pairs. Very happy considering how many people overtook me as I ground up the hills. I’ve got my brother to thank for doing much quicker laps I suppose. Great atmosphere on the course as well. Lots of conversations with folk asking how the rigid forks were going and an in depth conversation about Brant’s bike design with a lad on a Titus who overtook me pretty much every lap!

swavis

I managed 4 laps and OH did 2. Probably the best 10 Under and my favourite course by far, the climbs were well rewarded with awesome descents!!
    Wish I’d taken the proper fat bike instead of the 29+, I could’ve enjoyed those descents even more. Oh and top work at Heckling corner Luke 😉

crispyrice

I managed 5 laps solo. Got passed by all the roadies on the way up, only to laugh at them unclipping and panicking at the sight of a rock on the way down 🙂

arrpee
    Free Member

Had a very jolly day. Did 7 laps, which I was quite happy with, given the usual raft of excuses.

Enjoyed the course, although given the recent dry weather, it seemed a shame that there weren’t more fresh-cut sections. Possibly a reflection of the lower entry fee vs. the costs involved? No matter.

Good atmosphere on the course. Having done a few of these, the usual minor frustrations just become amusing in their familiarity (e.g. queues on the 1st lap, the guy who sprints ahead of you to reach the water crossing then cock-blocks you by getting off and carrying his bike across).

Glad to hear the casualty on the last big descent was OK; he looked in a bad way when I passed.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the day and agree the course was the best yet a real couple of nudges up on previous ones. Managed 8 laps which I’m happy with, I was using it as a benchmark for another go at the Puffer so lots to work on as well.

euain

I thought it was a great event. Even warm and dry! Hecklers’ corner was good – “Go on solo guy…”. Made me smile. Thanks!

I did the Enduro on the Sunday and that was excellent fun too. Could have done without climbing to the top of that hill another four times on the Sunday. The descents were worth it though – once down the World Champs course as used in 10UTB and then a stage down the Blue Crane and a load of stuff through the woods and out on Nessie. Not sure about “Beginner and tired leg friendly” but it was a great route and I was grinning all the way home.

mangoridebike

There were loads of photographers out on the course, are any of them on here?

I kept getting surprised by the remote flashes pinging at me from random corners

euain

I think the official ones are coming up here: Sportograf.

Not there yet. There’s a “Best of” taster gallery up on the site though.

cframe
    Free Member

I was there as part of a quad but ended up having to bail out on the morning of as I felt absolutely terrible, grrr.

The rest of the team did a good job though, first MTB event for any of them and for 2 of them the first time doing any kinda of bike event!

radoggair
    Free Member

was hecklers corner the first real corner about 1km after the start?. If so, they were brillant. Every lap they were mocking my pink socks 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

was hecklers corner the first real corner about 1km after the start?. If so, they were brillant. Every lap they were mocking my pink socks 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yes, that was us. Staggered to see you 800 yards ahead of everyone on the first lap despite being solo. Top show sir!

radoggair
    Free Member

its what i do 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘10 under roll call’ is closed to new replies.