Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • 10 under roll call
  • overbikedagain
    Free Member

My first and it’s just hit me tonite…fitness is ok (I’m in a quad) so should be fine…bike needs tyres/reverb fixing and a general fettle..just sorting out the logistics..

Had a spin which I think was the route on sat night after the dh and it’s seems fairly mellow…should be a laugh!

Who else is going?:-)

althepal

Yup. Have actually done a few weeks training this year. That coupled with my resolution not to get hammered the night before again means I might manage more than 1.25 laps…also part of a quad.

overbikedagain
    Free Member

A aha yes not get hammered that week is a fine tip….I’m going to try to eat clean too…see how long it lasts..

frood
    Free Member

Soloing it, need to put skinny tyres and a fixed seatpost back on. Then enduro the following day

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Just back from the WorldCup. Reminded myself I was supposed to sign up this year, as I went round the course.

Next year. 😉

kcal

was keen to return this year after a decent run in sen vet pairs last year but diary cock-up / too busy / conflict meant I had to scratch my entry. gutted really, the craic really is grand, riding is good fun too.

crispyrice

I’m in, with a good few other Norn Iron people. All going solo… I guess 150mm travel will be overkill! Maybe take my singlespeed instead 😉

althepal

I’m on 6 inches too.. but its my only bike and should be fun on the downs… and sore on the ups!

thegreatape
    Free Member

When you overtake a, er, sturdy gentleman huffing and puffing up every incline like a dying Donkey King on his vintage 26″ Kona, be sure to say hello.

Won’t even be able to spend the ride ogling my wife’s arse like I usually get to either 🙁

frood
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    When you overtake a, er, sturdy gentleman huffing and puffing up every incline like a dying Donkey King on his vintage 26″ Kona, be sure to say hello.

Won’t even be able to spend the ride ogling my wife’s arse like I usually get to either

I haven’t seen a tandem at the event before? 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

She refuses to get on a tandem with me (some sort of protest against the alternative version of Daisy Daisy I serenade her with).

euain

I’ll be there. Solo for some reason and then the enduro the next day :). I suspect I’ll have difficulty walking on Monday.

I’m really looking forward to it, I think. Should be a great weekend. Fingers crossed for the weather – dry and enough wind to keep midges away please!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ll be there too soloing it. I had originally intended to ride my Yo Eddy in the retro category but I’m bottling it and taking the Scandal instead.

swavis

I’ll be there. Hopefully on a nice shiny new Puffin, but if it fails to arrive I’ll be on the blue Mukluk again. Doing it as a pair with the OH. I’ve done no training as I’ve had some chest based lurgy for the last 2 1/2 weeks. 5 laps and I’ll be happy 🙂

tandemwarriors

Yep, in a trio “Brian Blessed’s Ball Bag” please don’t ask!

Rob

mangoridebike

I’m in, riding solo at my first time at the event – should be interesting 🙂

boxelder

Hmmm, solo.
    Training – not yet
    Bike fettled – not yet
    Hammered night before – not yet
    Aim is not to start a final lap at 9.55 hrs in……..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well that was all good fun. As predicted, I was about as quick as treacle going up the way, but the path back down was worth it, I think.

We managed six laps between the two of us – 3 each. Cheeky cow came back after the first lap and told me ‘You’ll be at least two hours darling, there’s a lot of uphill’. Wasn’t quite that bad, although on my first lap I was passed by, amongst everyone else, a man in a neck brace and a child with a false leg 🙁

Struggling to lift my beer now.

mangoridebike

Did 4 laps solo, the lack of training hit home hard on the 4th ! Now sitting with ice on my left Achilles and a beer in hand.

Course was great, lots of climbing and some good descents too:) great atmosphere on course and off, especially at the dj at the haggis trap:) Definitely keen to do it next year.

Well done and thank you to No Fuss and of course the marshals!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah, DJ Skimbo. A FW legend 🙂

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Who won?

jordie
    Free Member

Skimbo’s air guitar skills was brilliant.

aelliott
    Free Member

2nd place in mixed pairs + 3hr drive home and struggling to even roll over in bed this morning. The ‘extra’ lap at the end seemed like a good idea at the time…

Cracking course and loved the dancing girl up the hill!

zigzag69
    Free Member

Managed 5 laps solo, did first lap on my ancient Rockhopper without killing myself. Course was superb (apart from all the bloody climbing mind), much better than the last time I did it (4 years ago).

Every race should come with it’s own Dancing Lady.

Gordymac
    Free Member

1st place in vet mixed trio, with only two of us!
    Our first lap rider pranged himself dislocating his shoulder so we carried on regardless and amazingly took the win 😀

jordie
    Free Member

Anybody know how the chap is that was injured above the pipe at the top of the course.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Managed 5 laps solo, did first lap on my ancient Rockhopper without killing myself.

Red one? Lovely bike – reminded me of the days of luminous yellow Marin Muirwoods.

radoggair
    Free Member

Anybody know how the chap is that was injured above the pipe at the top of the course.

he’s fine, a few cuts n bruises and suspected broken cheekbone. Kept in overnight for observation

boxelder

Retro Spesh was blue I think – was thinking about you on the nadgery descent.
    I ripped my rear mech off saving me from the elusive tenth lap. Thanks for the push if it was you anyone here!

boxelder

Good effort with 11 laps Raddogair.
    You had time in hand for 1 more you lazy sloth 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

didn’t want to upset the pairs with same amount of laps 🙂

zigzag69
    Free Member

Red one? Lovely bike – reminded me of the days of luminous yellow Marin Muirwoods

Cheers greatape.

Retro Spesh was blue I think

May well have been me, I switched to my blue ’98 Stumpy for the next 4 laps. Really handled the descents well – 18 year old elastomers for the win!

devs
    Free Member

2nd mixed pairs vets. That was a tough course, much more climbing than the last time I did it. I had to swap bikes after 2 laps as I was getting really bad back ache on my lurcher for some reason. Probably something to do with hardly riding for the last month due to bust ribs and work. I managed to clean the course on both bikes so I was very happy with that, the climb up from the saddle span was a real bitch. It had me off walking on my first lap.
    Dancing lady was brill, really brought a smile to my face when I needed it. She was marshalling today for the enduro so I thanked her. We rode most of the course again today to show one of the wives who couldn’t ride yesterday. It really is a nice course especially when you’re not hanging out your arse on the climbs. I’m glad I’m not doing Relentless is they use a course like it, it’d be a killer for 24 hours that.

munrobiker
    Free Member

We were there in force as a variety of scenicpees.com teams. We made up Hecklers’ Corner by the campsite making lots of noise and shouting.

Happy with my efforts, in fact it was my favourite 10 under ever mostly because I wasn’t taking it seriously. 14th in men’s pairs with 9 laps.

I have, unfortunately, reached the age where I need chammy cream as there are holes in my crotch that shouldn’t be there.

aelliott
    Free Member

Munrobiker you guys were awesome! Got a massive cheer from you as I came round for my ‘extra’ lap. It was much needed!

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Great ‘noise’ from you guys at the campsite!
    I got a “There’s a fatty!” I hoped it was in reference to the bike.
    Traveled up as a trio, registered as a pair and after my teammate did a triple somersault with pike at the stream crossing on his first lap I rode the event as a solo!
    Was mentally prepared for a trio, and had the fuel for a pair. Got 4 laps in, which under the circumstances, I was happy with.

jordie
    Free Member

Hecklers corner was great. Keep those Cowbells ringing

munrobiker
    Free Member

Oh, and arm pump at an xc race, who knew? Great course!

meikle_partans
    Free Member

Munrobiker were you at the campsite proper or down by the camper vans? If you were at the campsite you did a cracking job of keeping me amused while I waited to transition!

munrobiker
    Free Member

That was us!
    DO A WHEEEELLLIEEE!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘10 under roll call’ is closed to new replies.