Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 10 tooth 10 speed sprocket – is there such a thing?
  • danti

Does anyone know if there is such a thing out there?

I don’t wish to “upgrade” to 11 speed due to the £ and the only benefit I could see of moving from 10 speed + 42t expander is having a 10 tooth low gear.

Would a 10 tooth work on say an XT 10 speed rear mech?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Nope, the ten tooth doesn’t fit a standard freehub body hence the xd required for sram 11 speed.

Mountain tamer used to make a cog/lockring before 11 tooth cogs but you had to respace the axle and reddish the wheel.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s a smaller diameter than a freehub body….which makes attaching it problematical.
    XX1 uses a special freehub body.
    Capreo uses a special feehub body (canfield did a cassette to mate to a capreo hub for a bit)
    Hope I suspect will use a special freehub body
    (There is a theme here).
    Leonardi do a 9-42t 10sp cassette but you’ll need an xd driver (sram compatible)

tomnavman
    Free Member

Do you need the full 42 tooth low gear?
    How about moving up to a 34 or 36 up front to gain the higher gear?

I’ve been running a 32 up front with an 11 – 36 casette on a number of bikes for nearly a year and I do miss the high gear for the road sections riding to the trails, or occasionally on fire roads. I’m tempted to get the one up 42 tooth expander so I can then go to a 34 or 36 up front. Will still give a lower gear than I’ve got currently, but also give a higher gear for the faster sections…

ratcatcher

I think moulton’s had a 9 or10tooth cog effectively on the locking to assist with the small wheels

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘10 tooth 10 speed sprocket – is there such a thing?’ is closed to new replies.