• This topic has 49 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • 10 things you can do with a female sanitary product
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

You never know when may need to…

http://artofmanliness.com/2012/06/05/survival-tampon/

IHN

Surely, if you’re a lady survivalist, there’s an 11th, rather obvious, use.

emma82
    Free Member

You couldn’t do some of that stuff with a proper tampon, he’s used an applicator tampon which as far as I know stop getting used by women by the time they are actually grown up.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

women by the time they are actually grown up.

Women grow up? Who knew? What do they grow into?

I once bought some tampons when I was younger. The chemist asked if they were for my mum. I said they weren’t. He asked were they for my sister. Again I said they weren’t. He asked who they were for, and I replied that they were for me. He asked me why I wanted them, and I pointed out some writing on the packet that said that whilst wearing them one could swim, ride a bike, or do gymnastics…and I couldn’t do any of them.

I went into the same chemist some months later and asked the lady at the counter why all the ladies sanitary products had bows and ribbons on. She told me it was for the Christmas period.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Tampax are the worst. I’ve been smoking them for 5 years now and I still can’t rollerblade properly.

emma82
    Free Member

Women grow up? Who knew?

To prove I am grown up I am not going to respond.

ebygomm
    Free Member

His first point is wrong, tampons aren’t sterile.

portlyone

tampons aren’t sterile

So you can get pregnant from them? 😯

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Even if it were sterile to begin with, it wouldn’t stay sterile for long.

aracer
    Free Member

he’s used an applicator tampon which as far as I know stop getting used by women by the time they are actually grown up.

So if you’re in trouble in the outdoors, remember to ask a girl rather than a woman?

theotherjonv

an ex cricketing colleague of mine used to swear by slipping a sanitary towel between his buttocks on humid days. His rationale was that if he didn’t, the combined effect of a sweathy crack, a backless jockstrap and the constant chafing of the back seam of a pair of polyester cricket whites lead to levels of redness beyond tolerable. I preferred a pair of cycling shorts myself, but could not argue with his observations on the rare occasions I attempted 50 overs of constant crouch and stand wicketkeeping without something cotton and absorbent between my whites and my ringpiece.

What i could argue with however was his habit of saving the used towel and then peeling off the adhesive tape and sticking the sweaty article to the back of someones clothes just as they left the changing room on the way to the bar.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

So if you’re in trouble in the outdoors, remember to ask a girl rather than a woman?

No, no, your honour, I was practising my survival skills alone in the woods when the 9 year old girl happened along…

emma82
    Free Member

Or stop watching Ray Mears programmes that encourage you to go into the wild. That way you will never get stuck.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What about if the wild comes to you in the form of a transport or societal crash?

emma82
    Free Member

Societal crash? What like being in town and the zombies break out? I can think of better things to grab than a tampon.

I love how men love the thought of being stranded and fighting for their lives with such implements as a tampon, orange peel and a dog turd to survive with. My husband has a game plan sorted should zombies ever take over. It’s all very exciting *yawn* 😀 😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You’ll wake up when the zombies come… 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

yeah yeah, heard it all before…… every monday night in fact or whatever day that walking the dead is on

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

This thread needs a dont read and drink coffee at the same time warning. Tucker, you are on fire and theotherjohn the cricket comments are priceless.

I was laughing at the Always adverts last night and the climbing etc links!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Zombies exist in real life. Just look in any of our city centres.

emma82
    Free Member

of course they do…….. I occasionally feel like there is a zombie attack sometimes coming out of a post office – a combination of old people and those collecting benefits of some sort. They move real slow and are kinda glazed over and mumbling. I reckon that’s as close to a zombie experience as I will get for now.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Tucker, you are on fire…

Ah, I see your mistake. You’re confusing ‘on fire’ with ‘anally retentive and full of 46 years worth of other peoples jokes just waiting for an opportunity to be used (again)(and again)(and…’. 😀

TuckerUK
    Free Member

old people and those collecting benefits of some sort

Careful, we have feeling to you know!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You couldn’t do some of that stuff with a proper tampon, he’s used an applicator tampon which as far as I know stop getting used by women by the time they are actually grown up.

There’s some indication that it’s actually a cultural thing. Women in some cultures/localities are averse to touching themselves when they are menstruating (or even just in general, in some instances), and so the applicator products are popular. One could argue that that is a matter of maturity; but I suspect that it’s not what you were implying.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If you had enough of them, could you stick them in a badly punctured tube, add a bit of water, wait for them to ‘inflate’ and ride home?

ebygomm
    Free Member

when i lived on the edge of the bible belt in the usa you had to drive to the city(100mile roundtrip) to find non applicator tampons so agree it’s cultural

coffeeking
    Free Member

lol, tampon snobbery, love it 🙂

Which tampon for catching small mammals in the woods…

emma82
    Free Member

Women in some cultures/localities

What cultures/localities?

Edit: Just saw above, suppose it can be cultural but there is still touching with applicator tampons, just not as much.

RustySpanner

(which are much more of a pain in the arse…)

Are you SURE you’ve got the hang of this? 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

haha, damn it I wondered why I always made such a mess during menstruation. I love that word by the way, it’s definitely one of my favorites.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Women in some cultures/localities are averse to touching themselves when they are menstruating…

Even in 2012, in some cultures women are considered ‘dirty’ during this period, and have to be hidden away from the men folk. I too think women are dirty during this period…but that’s a whole different thread.

RustySpanner

I like ‘vestibule’. 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

I too think women are dirty during this period.

I’m not dirty so much as downright evil 😈

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Or stop watching Ray Mears programmes that encourage you to go into the wild

WHAT? Surely everyone knows ray is the king of extreme tea drinking and the best tea is made using nettles and kangaroo poo with water boiled up from the dying flames of the 747 crash of which you were the only survivor due to your convenient supply of female sanitary products used to cushion your landing.
    EDIT or fashioned into an emergency liferaft should the crash happen at sea

RustySpanner

due to your convenient supply of female sanitary products used to cushion your landing.

We went for a nice Axminster.
    It goes nicely with the bedroom carpet.

user-removed
    Free Member

Mellifluous and sanguine are two of my favourite non-tampon related words. I have many more.

thegreatape
    Free Member

May I ask, what inspired you to choose tampon related and non-tampon related as the categories into which you would organise your favourite words?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

May I ask, what inspired you to choose tampon related and non-tampon related as the categories into which you would organise your favourite words?

seems like a bl00dy good idea to me

coffeeking
    Free Member

I assume it was an ephemeral categorisation, rather than a defacto standard.

qwerty
    Free Member

Which tampon for catching small mammals in the woods…

What like pussies n stuff, how’d you eat yours?

PS: they forgot the obvious: bung for a nose bleed and packing for a catastrophic bleed from plane crash high up on the north face of Leith Hill.

Ceebug
    Free Member

Take a used tampon, sprinkle it in glitter and you’ve got a lovely decoration for the Christmas tree.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘10 things you can do with a female sanitary product’ is closed to new replies.