Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 10" tablet recommendations
  • I like my Samsung devices and it seems the Tab S 10.5 gets good reviews.

Does anyone have any hands on experiences and notably integration with Samsung phones?

It would be between this and the Sony Experia Z2, which I prefer the design of and it’s water resistance – screen doesn’t look as good though.

Cheers

Oh, please don’t suggest an iPad…

Cougar

When you say “integration” what do you mean?

aracer
    Free Member

An iPad of course

Cougar – ha, not that sure really – just anything that they might do/sync together that might be useful.

aracer – I don’t like Apple/iTunes

divenwob
    Free Member

Purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1″ from Curry’s yesterday, £229 with an extra £20 off using the code IPADTAB20, so £209 all in. Have 3 other SG tabs in the house and all have worked flawlessly so far.We also run 5 samsung phones and once set up they sync, auto backup no problem,HTH. 🙂

Cougar

Well, theoretically all Android devices should sync back to your Google account. Wifi is Wifi, so tethering should Just Work.

divenwob
    Free Member

You should be able to setup up to 8 users on anything above 4.2,if I have been advised correctly? Still learning what can be done.

transporter13
    Free Member

Have the tab s 10.5 and it’s lovely. Have also just upgraded from iPhone to note 4 yesterday.
    Having never had an android device until 2 months ago I must say I’m very impressed.

I’m an Android fanboi – currently have a Note 2 and will be upgrading to a Note 4 in December

WackoAK
    Free Member

Was looking for a 10″ tab to replace my aging iPad and I ended up getting the Tesco Hudl2 which is a total bargain. The smaller(8″) screen is actually better for sofa surfing. As Cougar says, being android it syncs with all my Google stuff (I have a Samsung S3).

MoreCashThanDash

I’d say Tesco Hudl.

Message posted on my Tesco Hudl.

Why would an 8″ screen be better than a 10″ for anything other than portability?

I don’t want a Hudl – if that was my price point, I’d be considering lower end Samsungs also.

james6963
    Free Member

i would go for a samsung tab s

WackoAK
    Free Member

Why would an 8″ screen be better than a 10″ for anything other than portability?

I don’t want a Hudl – if that was my price point, I’d be considering lower end Samsungs also.

That’s what I also thougt until I had a play on one, makes a lot of sense. Even Google’s new tab is only 9″. Don’t mistake it for just another cheap android tab – it’s pretty fast and has a really good screen. It also has pretty much stock android so no Samsung tinkering overlay.

Why does it make a lot of sense?

My phone screen is nearly 6″, I want a 10″ tablet…

Mackem

My Mother’s Sony Experia tablet is lovely. The screen is great (but never compared it to the Samsung)

transporter13
    Free Member

Just buy the tab s 10.5, you won’t regret it at all. The screen is amazing.

WackoAK
    Free Member

OK, get a 10″ then but if you can, get at look at the HUDL2 before dismissing it. If you are totally set on a bigger tab then get the nexus 9.

I appreciate your input Wacko, but you don’t give any reasons for your suggestions….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘10" tablet recommendations’ is closed to new replies.