Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 10 speed xt indexing issues and wobbly front easton wheel
  • muddy9mtb

probably not unique but don’t seem to be able to put me finger on this.
    have a 10 speed shimano xt setup with duel front(all std). not quite sure when this started but want to resolve the issue of the rear indexing dropping off the 2 inner cogs (nearest the wheel) when the pedals are turned backwards, it doesn’t do this pedaling forward and the index works fine. I could live with it aside from when you stop pedaling for whatever reason the pedals can fall backwards, or you want to turn the pedals to get them in the right position for set off, the the chain drops off the inner cog back to the third ring and the chain gets snarled up. The chain was changed in Jan and already ordered a new cassette just in case (doesn’t look worn but hey), the whole gear train is approx. 15 months old. it gets a good clean and checked over regularly and nowt appears that worn or bent.
    The wobbly easton ea90 xc wheel is attached to a rockshox revelation thru axle…finding spares is like hunting for red october does it need any new bits or am I looking in the wrong area
    pint in it for anyone that helps out (sub me :?)

munrobiker
    Free Member

With regards to the front wheel it will just need new bearings. From what I can tell they are 6803 RS bearings, which will be about a quid off ebay.

http://www.eastoncycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/M1_213_113.pdf

muddy9mtb

that link is the one I was looking from easton, it was a while ago since I had that doc

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s hidden away on their website- should you need it again you need to find the support section, at the bottom of their home page, and it’s under product manuals.

muddy9mtb

bearings ordered ta

iainc

the chain dropping down a few cogs from biggest one when backpedalling is not uncommon. I’ve always thought it to be a chainline thing, but maybe I’m wrong. Have also found it to get worse as drivetrain wears

scotroutes

Is your chain just too long? Did you check it against the length of the one you’d taken off?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Chain drop can also sometimes be related to sticky freehub. Assuming it’s a matched Easton pair, might be worth doing both hubs.

muddy9mtb

like for like on the chain length. not uncommon was my thoughts aside from the rest of the gang don’t seem to suffer so much

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘10 speed xt indexing issues and wobbly front easton wheel’ is closed to new replies.