Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 10 speed rear mech – XT vs Zee?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Needing a new rear mech to run 1×10 (with a guide). Thoughts on XT vs Zee (bpth with the clutch)?

XT
    – should be higher quality?
    – tiny bit lighter

Zee
    – bit cheaper
    – comes in short cage, which will be better for 1×10
    – probably a bit tougher?

Ta, Duane.

svalgis
    Free Member

I can’t compare them, but I used the Zee for 1×10 and would definitely do it again. Affordable, clutch worked well, the small cage looks great and minimizes risk of rock strikes and what not, and performance wise I was very pleased as well despite me being worthless at the whole adjustment gig. Can’t find anything to complain about really.

keavo
    Free Member

i went for a zee, for the short cage.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Had both and whilst the Zee is quite a bit heavier than the XT it shifts almost as well and is appears to be just as well made. Its perfect for 1*10 but if you want to leave your options open and add some front gears, get the XT.

Duane…
    Free Member

Cheers, went for the XT, just incase I want to go 2×10 in the future.

trusty

I may be being thick, but has a Zee mech got the capacity for a wide range 10 speed cassette? I’ve just trashed an xt one and need a replacement, if it works it’ll be perfect…

Duane…
    Free Member

Yeah, there’s two versions, one for road/DH type cassette, and one with a wider range to suit up to a 11-36 cassette.

warpcow
    Free Member

Had both a Zee (wide range, 11-36 version) and a non-clutch, medium-cage XT. The Zee is, surprisingly, a tiny bit lighter than the XT, but only by a couple of grams. I changed due to the XT being murderised by a rock (like his former long-cage SLX brother). Both work as well as each other. Running both on the same shifter I’d say the Zee is a bit ‘more positive’/clunkier in its shifting; a bit like SRAM.

trusty

Is that the 32 – 36 one?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘10 speed rear mech – XT vs Zee?’ is closed to new replies.