Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 10 speed chain
  • duckers
    Free Member

What’s your recomendations, XT, SRAM, what else? Must be ok with a powerlink style connector for ease of removal.

njee20
    Free Member

KMC

bruneep

KMC

eddiebaby
    Free Member

KMC

Wally

KMC (gold split version)

deadkenny
    Free Member

KMC

Simon

KMC

Jamie
    Free Member

KMC

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

shimano ….

no! only kidding, KMC 😉

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ve always been a wippermann fan, especially for the one hand undo powerlink action and never had one break. How is the KMC powerlink? and any particular KMC chain you guys are using from their line up?

Simon

X10-93
    Quick link is stiff but comes undone by hand.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Thanks Simon,

how does this one differ

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Shimano. We’ve had too many failures on KMC chains fitted OEM for me to trust them now, used to be a fan 🙁

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Failures caused by more stress on the chain due to clutch mechs @goldenwonder do you think?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I doubt it, we haven’t had any issues with anything else, just the KMC & never on the powerlink/quicklink/missing link whatever they call it-always a ‘normal’ rivet

curvature
    Free Member

I run KMC an Wipperman/Conex.

Both good but the Wipperman/Conex split link is easier to use.

duckers
    Free Member

Ordered a 10 93, might as well give it a shot if the majority rate it highly.

scruff
    Free Member

I put a new 10spd SRAM on a used shimano cassette (previous chain wasnt yet 0.75%) and the thing kept jumping, riding up the sprockets when pedalling, not actually slipping. Put old chain back on and its fine.I always used to use 9spd sram chains on shimano cassettes which where fine. Do the narrower gaps mean less compatibility now between different chains?

devash
    Free Member

I put a new 10spd SRAM on a used shimano cassette

Its really hard to judge cassette wear sometimes. The fact that your old chain worked fine when reinstalled suggests that there’s some cassette wear there and you’ll need to replace it when you put the new chain back on.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Kmc

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘10 speed chain’ is closed to new replies.