Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • '10 Magura Thor – Opinions
  • st

I'm about to buy a 456 frame from on One and until tonight they have a sale on that menas i could get some 2010 Thors for what seems like a great price.

Anyone ridden them and can give any opions.

If I don't go for these it'll be something secondhand off the classifieds, probably.

nickc

If they're anything like the 09, then they'll be finicky to set up, but pretty good overall once you've sorted it. I've heard the damping has been "sorted out" but I've no idea what that actually means as mine are cool.

rotary
    Free Member

I have some magura wotans and i have been very impressed with them, very stiff and plush. seem to be very well built and i'm liking the 20mm axle. the only gripe that i have is that with the maguras being less popular there is limited info available regarding servicing and setup etc…..

poppa
    Free Member

Rotary, there is a PDF service guide to Magura forks online if you look hard enough, can't remember where I found it. Not particularly comprehensive, but useful all the same. I have it if you want it e-mailed.

rob1984p
    Free Member

I have some 09 oem menjas and couldn't fault them for the price. Fitted them when building my first all new bike in years and didn't even change the pressure for 5 months.

andytherocketeer

I bookmarked the thread here with the Magura PDF service guide…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/magura-menja-service

(OK it says Menja, but it's probably for others in the range too)

poppa
    Free Member

Yeah, thats where I saw it!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Magura have service videos on their website now, if you go to the forks for 2010 and clicky on videos.

Frankly they are dead easy to strip and lube. Magura suggest and annual damper service (which they do not provide details about) I'm told they are virtually the same as rockshox in that regard.

One thing to be mindful of is that they are very linear so if you get the pressure too low they will go through the travel.

I'm around 16.5 stone now and run at 96PSI with minimal rebound and find them really good, don't even dive too much on the brakes and bouce back in a very manageable way. They track shitty root gardens very well for example without pinging off everything at speed. It's important to get the pressures right a few psi makes a lot of difference, handy then that you get a no loss pump with them.

At first I thought they were a bit divey but literally 4 psi sorted it and they have held that pressure ever since.

Dont jet wash them as the decals dont like it, I was given a new set FOC by return post I have really been impressed with both the forks and Magura after sales guy in the UK.

Very underrated and much better than the RLC's they replaced.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘'10 Magura Thor – Opinions’ is closed to new replies.