Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • £10 carbon frame!
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

jgmu97
    Free Member

I’m far from an engineer right now, but with my degree, i have access to a workshop and CAD software, and i have a goal to get this thing on the trails!

If i find out the frame is kaput, it will be made into a ‘deer head’ wall piece!

Hopefully that’s not the case, and therefore i’ll be able to keep this thread updated with progress.

My next objective is to clean the frame up and go over it with a fine eye, looking for any signs of damage, before i commit any more time to the project

tdog
    Free Member

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, it’s a marin, shoulda stepped away and ran the other way.
    It’ll no doubt self destruct just by looking at it.

Failing this happening, why not be even more materialistic and chuck it in the sea.

Seriously though best waste of £10 ever so thumbs up on that! 😈

Edit) if you’re indeed planning to get this bk on the trail, best bet is to wear a full face.

😆

granny_ring

Hope you manage to build it up. Keep the updates coming.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m far from an engineer right now, but with my degree, i have access to a workshop and CAD software, and i have a goal to get this thing on the trails!

Please keep the receipts…

philjunior
    Free Member

Let’s just say I’ve been In talks with a fellow rider in the US with this same frame. He will be sending me through dimensions of the rocker links. I have leverage ratio and wheel path graphs for the Quad 3 suspension, along with the frames geometry.

I’m studying an engineering degree, so I believe that this will be a fun project outside of my studies.

I’d trust the front end more than the back end. Good luck though if you have the time and the inclination!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘£10 carbon frame!’ is closed to new replies.