Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 1 x 10 Woes (so near yet so far) ;)
  • generallevi
    Free Member

Trying to do a 1 x 10 conversion for my brother, Shimano medium cage XT clutch mech with a E thirteen 42t 1up cassette ring.

Said XT clutch mech catches the 42t cog with it’s big fat silver arm in the lowest 3 gears. Could throw the bike across the kitchen…..

Have adjusted the b screw all the way in to obtain as much clearance as I can but still no luck. Calling all drivetrain ninjas to the forum.

All the best,

Lee.

tmb467
    Free Member

Rad cage needed I reckon

Had a similar issue with a 40t ring when in 36t and rad cage sorted it perfectly

br
    Free Member

With a 42t you need a rad cage.

If the B screw is all the way out, you need a longer B screw.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Take out the b screw, remove the plastic black thing it screwed into and you will get that bit more adjustment. I’ve done it on two conversions now.

nickdavies

Can you put the B screw in from the other side?
    RAD cage sorts it.

spooky_b329

Take off the expander thing and let him get on with riding it 🙂

smatkins1
    Free Member

Are the mech and mech hanger new/perfectly straight?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Take out the b screw, remove the plastic black thing it screwed into and you will get that bit more adjustment. I’ve done it on two conversions now.

This ^ I have also done it on 2 bikes, I put a rad cage on one afterwards just to try out, yes it helps but it isn’t necessary or a massive difference.

Edit: Also the e thirteen ones are pants, if you find it skips send it back ‘cos it’ll only get worse with time. I sent mine back for a full refund despite it being used, the seller didn’t put up much opposition which shows that they know they are a poor design

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘1 x 10 Woes (so near yet so far) ;)’ is closed to new replies.