Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 1 x 10 wide range cassette – Sunrace?
  • seadog101

I’m currently set up with a 1×10 11-32 cassette, and 32 NW front ring. Without going to the extra expense of a 1×11 set up (new hubs/shifters/derailleurs etc…), I was looking at wider range cassettes.

Sunrace MX3 with 11-40 or 11-42? Can’t see any reason not to. Expander cogs are a cheaper option, but that’ll mean a massive jump from the current bottom cog. The Sunrace has a 36 as the #2 cog to give a better spread.

Who’s been using one? any problems with a Sram set up?

theotherjonv

using an 11-40 with no issues whatsover. Recommend.

(you could get an 11-36 i.o your 11-32, if you need wider range but don’t need to go right to a 40/42. But it’s a new cassette either way, and prob chain too, the 40’s only one cog and I use mine ‘rarely’ but like having it there for when I do)

thwapy
    Free Member

I went from 2×10 earlier this year to 1x using a Sunrace MX3 11-42 with a SRAM X9 – shifts perfectly, do it! 😀

akira

Running two of them, shift very well and no issues.

seadog101

Thanks all, helps me make up my mind.

@thwapy – X9 also, so reassured.

I live in the Durham Dales, so no massive hills or long steep ascents, so the widest of ranges currently available aren’t really needed.

kimbers

11-42 has been great for me, see with a rad cage

nixie

Minor point but you don’t need new hubs for 1×11.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

not even a front one Gromit?

breadcrumb

Sunrace 11/42 here with a Goatlink on a Solaris, recommended.

seadog101

@nixie – Ah? I’m not fully up to speed on all this then.

So there are 11 speed cassettes out there that will fit my current Sram 10 speed freehub? I thought I’d need to go to an XD, or similar, or is that just for Sram cassettes?

simondbarnes

I thought I’d need to go to an XD, or similar, or is that just for Sram cassettes?

It’s only if you want a 10t smallest sprocket. If you’re happy with 11t smallest sprocket then Sram, Shimano, Sunrace and others have options that are designed to work on a 10spd freehub body.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘1 x 10 wide range cassette – Sunrace?’ is closed to new replies.