• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bgd.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1 x 10 Problems
  • bgd
    Free Member

Trying to set up 1×10 with a Hope Retainer, T-Rex ring and XT cassette. Everything is fitted and gears shift ok but it sounds and feels rough in every gear. Also the pedals keep turning when freewheeling especially when in the smaller sprockets – was fine when running 3×10.
    Chainline is straight when in the 5th smallest sprocket and pretty sure the chain isn’t too tight.
    Any advice on how to sort this would be great unless it’s just how 1×10 is.
    Cheers

fr0sty125
    Free Member

the fact that the pedals turn when freewheeling sounds like it might be a freehub issue.

nemesis
    Free Member

Are the jockey wheels touching the cassette teeth? Sounds like. You have to adjust the b-tension screw.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I would concur with frOsty re the free hub, check the exploded diagram for the hub assembly and re-assemble as per drawing, if its a Hope, make sure you fit the spacer on the axle before the freehub!

The retainer ring on my set up felt a bit lumpy at first, it went after a couple of rides…..the retainer ring actually does try to retain the chain!

Good luck !

bgd
    Free Member

I’ll check the freehub. It is a Hope and I had to get my lbs to remove the old cassette and think the freehub came off with it some may have something to do with it.
    No teeth touching anywhere. Thanks for the advice and apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s a seal on the back of the freehub body – sounds like that’s not seated properly.

bgd
    Free Member

Njee – spot on. Still sounds a but rough but probably won’t notice above me huffing and puffing and my creaky knees lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1 x 10 Problems’ is closed to new replies.