Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • 1 x 10 / 11; why such small chainrings?
  • jonnyboi

Yes yes yes, I have a bike of the future that has three lever swappable chain rings.

But in the context of this thread….

scotroutes

What wizardry is this of which you speak?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

It is all about individual preference but. I’m 70kg with a MMP score of 400w.

I run 30t 10-42 on the 29er and 32t 11-42t on the 27.5. This setup works pretty well for me with most of my riding taking place in the peaks. I have friends who can push 11-36 34t however they don’t tend up get up the hills first.

br
    Free Member

3) My riding is in the Chilterns where there are plenty of steep slopes – though there’s nothing super long. I also ride Swineley a lot where there are NO long climbs and nothing terribly steep[/I]

Slopes, yep and all of a 1/4 mile at the most.

I use to ride in The Chilterns and thought we’d plenty of climbing with the many bridleways going straight up/over the escarpment, and then I moved to the Scottish Borders…

Most rides have +3000ft, in 10-12 miles. Climbs are often in the region of 40 mins etc. My current setup is 32 oval and 11-46 on a 29er. It’s a good range of gears and the smallest pretty much gets me up any climb around here while the largest is well into +30 mph – certainly fast enough to not want to fall off!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

80rpm is also nowhere near spinning out at the top end. 110 should be easily sustainable on smoothish ground and 150+ possible for a short burst.

scuttler

What a dumb question. That is all.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘1 x 10 / 11; why such small chainrings?’ is closed to new replies.