Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 1 Week till keilder100 how's everyone feeling?….
  • Bikepimp
    Free Member

Really looking forward to it and spare pads bought. Here’s hoping the weather can hold and make the conditions easier than last year!

Your comments please

singlecrack
    Free Member

What’s the forecast ???

Drac

Looking forward to my full english breakfast from the Cafe.

breadcrumb

Well my Rebas are borked at the minute, hopefully they’ll be sorted Monday otherwise I’ll be using my Pikes, wound in a bit.

Had a blast round Kielder today, managed a pinch puncture with about 40psi, think I’ll be mincing down the rocky descents during the 100!

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m feeling good, can’t wait! Wish it was this weekend though, looks lovely outside. Road race tomorrow, the last hard effort before the event.
    How many from here are going?

bomba
    Free Member

Training’s not been going as well as I hoped, I’m a couple of kilos off race weight and the new bike is still in pieces in the garage.

will
    Free Member

Looking forward to it! Weather is looking mixed for friday, so hopefully it might be ok? Who knows eh 😆

christhetall
    Free Member

In a word – Paranoid

Got eliminated after 78 miles last year, mainly due to mechanical incompetence. This year I’m convinced I’m fitter, but more aware of what could go wrong with the bike. So I’m panicking about every little squeak or potential problem with the bike and having to make some last minute changes – e.g. gear cables tonight.

Plus I’ve got a saddle sore from lots of riding last week

On the positive side I’m almost up to 2000 miles of mountain biking this year

postierich
    Free Member

Looking forward to it, waiting till Friday to decide if I am going to singlespeed it again my head is saying gears my wallet is saying SS.
    Not in great condition but its only a hundred miles of fireroad! 😉

The-Beard

Bloody nervous! Was flying until a month or so ago, now feel decidedly unready and unfit. Still, be ‘fun’, right?

jonny-m
    Free Member

Had a fourty mile training ride at the weekend and felt pretty good after it!
    Only another sixty to do anyway 😆

will
    Free Member

Weather is looking promising! Just need to establish if i’m going to take a bag or not. I’m thinking I will just because the amount of stuff you need to carry!

large418
    Free Member

Sort of looking forward to it. Heading up to the Northumberland coast today for a weeks holiday, and conveniently there is a bike race at Kielder on Saturday so it would be rude not to do it. If it’s wet I won’t even start, as last year although I finished it wrecked my bike and the enjoyment turned into endurement.
    If dry though it could be fun.
    Will take a small 1.5l camelback as I only have 1 bottle mount and at approx 2 hours between stops I think I need more than 1 bottle.
    Stuff to carry – small waterproof (OK, so showerproof might be stretching it!), tube, blanket, whistle and spare pads/tools, then some bars and gels.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I finished last year, have done more riding this year and prepped the bike better (IMO) and feeling a bit ‘niggly’

Just got the bar ends to fit and Im sorted.

cardo

Group of 6 of us taking part this time , 4 on Singlespeeds and 2 on FS geared bikes. The conditions did us last year with chain suck, brake pads and general misery and grit in the eyes. One of our team missing the 3rd cut off by 7 seconds after he’d stopped to pay the piper!, he then joined us in the pub. Praying for a dry one as I would like to finish this time and feel much better prepared. It’s going to be tough and a long day but if it was easy everyone would do it. See you on Friday. 🙂

marvincooper

Nervous! It’s going to be a test ride for my new bike, have had a couple of outings but have been having issues getting the right length stem. Fingers crossed a new one will turn up tomorrow, I’ll fit it and all will be fine. Also have to swap my pedals (one has knackered bearings), figure out why my new pads don’t fit my calipers (suspect numpty fitting error) and, if I get time (unlikely) fit the heli-tape I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Haven’t ridden the bike in over a week so itching to get going, was feeling pretty fit, at least as fit as last year when I made it to the end.

To be honest it will be a relief to finally get everything sorted on the bike, food bags and other kit packed and head up the motorway on Friday!

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve updated my pacelet spreadsheet with the 2012 details off the website. I found it useful for the last couple of years. It’s here.

Print the appropriate speed, cut-out and waterproof, then tape round your bars. (I always just used the 8mph version.)

breadcrumb

^ nice one, I think that’ll be rather handy!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘1 Week till keilder100 how's everyone feeling?….’ is closed to new replies.