Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 1 Rear derailleur 2 Rock Shox Judy TT 100
  • coylumbridge
    Free Member

I've been trying to solve a clattering noise on one of my mountain bikes.
    Bikes 1 and 2
    Picture attached shows a gap between chain and cog for bike 1 but no gap for bike 2 – bike 2 has the clatter. Wondered if you thought this could have anything to do with it or should I just ignore ? Bike 2's chain length seems OK as the pulleys are in line perpendicular to the floor when in lowest gear.

Secondly – the preadjust is just turning with no effect on the rock shox judy 100 tt fork on my older bike – makes it very stiff with almost no damping – wondered if you could advise how difficult/easy it is to fix, is it worth it, should I get a new fork etc please ?

Thanks

Eggbox
    Free Member

Assuming bike 2 is not on the smallest chainring at the front I would say your chain is too long. If it is on the smallest chain ring then you are using extreme gears which is not really ever going to work so well.

For the Judy TT the cost of repair will always outweigh the value of the fork, which is sad but true. Buy a new cheap RS fork which will probably out perform the TT.

trail_rat
    Free Member

chain is too long in bike 2 ….

take 1 or 2 links out and it will stop the clattering

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coylumbridge
    Free Member

Thanks Eggbox and trail_rat. I'll take a couple of links out and see if it solves it.
    On the TT – I was thinking about dissassembling it myself – I have the service guide instructions and most of the tools except for a bicycle stand clamp.

I'm fairly competent at DIY normally and have fitted disc brakes to replace v's – Question is – do you think servicing a fork would be one step too far for someone who hasn;t done it before ?

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘1 Rear derailleur 2 Rock Shox Judy TT 100’ is closed to new replies.