Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1 or 2 man pop up tent recommend
  • hora
    Free Member

Minimal pitching time/hassle, good quality. Good price but durability more important.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

One of the Quechua tents from Decathlon.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for a tent from Decathlon. I’ve had a 3 man one for a few years. Pop up, pin it down with 4 or 5 pegs, crack the tin open and watch everyone else struggle.

Folding away is a bit tricky and best practiced before unleashing it in public. There are videos on line and the bits that line up when folded are colour coded so it isn’t that hard.

Northwind

Really like my quechua air- I’m a lazy person, I like to lie in bed, and a lot of small tents become blast furnaces in the sun. And then it’s so hot, you don’t have enough energy to move, so you end up having to call international rescue. Anyway, the Air doesn’t do that, it has mighty vents. Well worth the price of the upgrade imo.

Duane…
    Free Member

Get a Quechua one, with dual layer. Used it for about 70 nights camping so far over the past couple years – spot on. Think I’ve only pinned it down once or twice – sleeping bag etc normally weighs it down enough. Pops up in half a second, can be packed down in 10 seconds once you’ve done it a few times. Spot on!

One of the few times we had to weight the tent down (with rocks) – in Crotia, was blowing a gale!

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1459138_10153478011665447_1097008827_n.jpg?oh=a930049292a6f096d9bd3c72397f8460&oe=55C38682

djglover
    Free Member

+5 for the Decathlon one, I have the 3 man so me and the kids can get the odd weekend in, the Mrs isn’t interested in slumming it. The only drawback is the size it packs to, but if you have room in the car this isn’t an issue. Soooo quick to get up and down, you are sat supping beer whilst kids play in no time whilst others are pushing poles in and putting inner tents up etc…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Not pop up but the Zephyros 2 on sale at Gaynors..£74.99

http://www.gaynors.co.uk/equipment/camping/tents/dp-106986/zephyros-2-man-tent

bikerboy2008tc
    Free Member

Have a vango pop…. good tent, may be a little pricier than the others..heard good things about the quechua ones also 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

One or two man eh? Who is the lucky 2nd man?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1 or 2 man pop up tent recommend’ is closed to new replies.