Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • "1 in 4 will pay no more tax!"
  • dragon
    Free Member

That link makes no sense to me what the hell is a Digital University, one where everyone learns in binary?

I don’t fully get the page, but surely a University contract is to provide a service to them as an independent institution and not funded by central government.

Possibly, but doesn’t it also show that we’re obsessed with outsourcing and privatization?

Not necessarily, there will always be things that councils, NHS, etc. won’t or can’t do in house. Outsourcing isn’t necessarily good or bad, it’s an option and the quality depends how you use it and how you manage it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Outsourcing isn’t necessarily good or bad, it’s an option and the quality depends how you use it and how you manage it.

SShhh, its called closet privatisation… 😉

br
    Free Member

I don’t fully get the page, but surely a University contract is to provide a service to them as an independent institution and not funded by central government.

Universities are public sector. Who pays for them? Taxpayers.

richmtb

Ahh Scottish Labour.

A talent pool shallower than a car park puddle.

For all the chance they have of getting back into power they might as well propose some fun stuff, instead of this boring tax nonsense.

A Scottish moon shot perhaps, the rocket will be powered by all the hot air that Kezia Dugdale emits

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Universities are public sector. Who pays for them? Taxpayers.

Bllx, those fees I have been paying are a scam????

duckman

I did think “Crap,I will be worse off.” But it is labour,they are all currently scrambling for the party list as they have so little confidence in being first pick. As stated above,Labour could offer free unicorns to every OAP as a counter to the bus passes etc,and it will never be tested.

br
    Free Member

Bllx, those fees I have been paying are a scam????

Google it, on average you’re only paying 50-55% of your fees/loan back – and then there is the other monies they receive.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Phew 😀

dragon
    Free Member

Well UK Universities do get their fair share of money from the government but by no means solely, they have a pretty wide source of revenue streams and all are considered and run as independent bodies.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘"1 in 4 will pay no more tax!"’ is closed to new replies.