Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • 1 Front Door & 2 uptairs windows….
  • Kryton57

Go on guess, how much this afternoons “trade only winter discount, especially for you because I can see you have a baby deal” was for a PVC front door with arch, and two plan opening rear windows…. 😯

(and then tell me what you think the price should be)

M1llh0use
    Free Member

2.5k?

wwaswas

“trade only winter discount, especially for you because I can see you have a baby deal”

They’re only looking to get half of that at best, though.

project
    Free Member

400 quid for the door, and about 300 quid on each wiindow, with a discount of 55%

joeegg
    Free Member

I got a pvc front door and frame,4 windows( one an opener) for £460 direct from the manufacturer.Paid 2 fitters a days labour and other bits and pieces at £260.

cb

Doors could be grand a pop (mine were) but if he is ‘that’ type of salesman then they “probably should have been 1.5k each mate” discounted to 500 each with another 500 per window. By your tone I wil lassume he has done you a once in a lifetime deal of 10k!

AdamW
    Free Member

Did he ‘call his boss’ after you initially told him to do one? I have had two here I’ve had to throw out.

I found a local firm who came round and then wrote me a letter with a quote in it, no hard sales. Price was OK, reviews OK so they get all my trade now as I replace each window.

heckler73
    Free Member

how much then kryton ?
    fitted a pvc door last fri aftn, with side screen, and mdf ingoes and redwood facings cost guy 900 quid i fitted it for 150, company wanted 450 to fit, took me 4 hours old out new in and tidied up… money gone an hour later………

br
    Free Member

£6k.

Based on the offer my Mums’ friend had.

jonba
    Free Member

3k?

We were quoted something like 60k for 15 sash windows*. It is interesting that they go for that sales tactic, I assume people do buy them? If someone ever starts a sale like that I’ll just walk away. I don’t want to spend time listening to your games. Tell me your best price and why you are better than the competition, if you give me 3 days to respond, I won’t.

*We have bay windows with 4 sashes in each, not an east and west wing unfortunately.

white101

+1 project’s prices, includes fitting

Kryton57

heckler73 – Member
    how much then kryton ?

Ok. £4,500. But within 2 minutes that went down, based on the above mentioned deal, to £2,800 IF we signed there and then on the spot. Its funny to watch all the Sales tricks from the other side:

Nice house (guage income)
    What jobs do you do (gauge income)
    Do the kids go to nursery (guage outgoings)
    Oh the baby’s so cute (relationship building)
    I love *town* (relationhip building)
    I love these style houses (relationship building)
    etc, bit smarmy she was though.

Kryton57

Oh I forgot to mention that includes scaffolding for the pitch roof under one of the upstairs windows.

white101

reminds me of 2 blokes from safestyle about 15 years ago, mrs lwt them in. We had 3 windows in the front of the house all the same size and 2 in the back both same size. Started at £5k, they did all the sales patter (that I usually spout) and then came down to £4k after the oh so surprising call to his boss (or his mum) I shut the door on them very quickly.

spchantler
    Free Member

this is fair

400 quid for the door, and about 300 quid on each wiindow,

i wouldn’t pay more than that. scaffolding firm would probably do it for £250-£300. go the supply only route and hire your own fitters

Kryton57

Anyone heard of /used Valuedoors uk?

Kryton57

Project/joeegg – where from?

project
    Free Member

Project/joeegg – where from?

oop north prices, or try wickes or b and q, i wouldnt ever buy a upvc door go for a rock door, much better security, as for windows, upvc, never need painting, and a large air gap, with security profile trims, and descent locking system, with anti prize out hinge bolts.

bland

You are having a giraffe.

Call Napier windows in Oldham for a comparison. a bay and the rest of the house was £1700 or £2200 fitted (Bay plus 6 windows on modern house with a finish similar to rehau)

Rock doors or GRP style ones are £750 and a load better finish than UPVC.

Think you have had your trousers down.

Oh and i can get the above for £1300 from a cheaper manufacturer (liversage in Oldham)

Kryton57

Well well well. Becuase I didn’t call them, they’ve called today and offered both windows (top & bottom openers) and a arch frame (victorian house) 7 point front door with all furniture and a spyglass for £1280 if we sign in March – aka quarter end numbers madness. All A rated pilkington glass, 10 years guarantee and £1000 comp if any are used for a break in.

It’s beginnning to sound good. So what do you think – if I push for a rock door in that price its a good ‘un?

LoCo
    Free Member

Quote on full guttering job on current house, the guys quoted me and then asked if I wanted to buy some weed 😯 😆
    Didn’t use them, for either

joeyj
    Free Member

Still seems quite expensive we got our whole house done for £1850 which included our lounge window (3m x 2m) and bedroom window (3m x 1.2m)as well as another 5 windows. See if anyone you know works in the housebuilding industry and get them to order for you. You will end up with large discounts if you go through them.

wwaswas

Maybe the OP could hold out for free drugs?

Kryton57

Kryton57 – Member
    Anyone heard of Valuedoors uk?

DO NOT use. The bloke turned up to quote us, got in a huff when my wife asked him to remove his wet shoes, told us “that door is going to cost more than you can afford”, told us “I don’t do windows any way” (eh, check thier website) and stormed off.

Arrogant, rude **** of the highest order and huge worst customer service from minute 1.

Edukator
    Free Member

A 2m x 1.2m French opening, triple glazed window 4/12/4/12/4, argon, treated glass, 70mm German PVC profiles – 367e and two days of my life to fit. Shop around online.

cb

Kryton – where are you based? Valuedoors use regional fitters I think and the guy that fitted my doors ‘seemed’ to work for them, although he also had his own company that I had contacted him through.

Verysecuredoors.co.uk based in Derby was the guy I used and I really couldn’t fault him. However, if you want a Rock Door included within a budget of 1280 you’re dreaming a little. Mine were a grand a pop and that was the cheapest of three quotes.

john_drummer
    Free Member

we had one salesman arrive early a few years back. Don’t know how early he was but he was waiting when we got home from work.

He came in, measured up, showed us some samples & then played the “can you guess the price” game. Think he was a bit p%ssed off that we’d kept him waiting but it was his fault he was early.

after 20 minutes of that I asked him to leave

Northern Trade Windows of Pudsey. Do Not Use.

anyway, in the end we simply painted the perfectly adequate hardwood door that I’d fitted myself less than 10 years earlier

rattrap
    Free Member

I find that what they really don’t like is when they’ve measured up and start trying to play the game, you tell them that you’re getting three quotes, and if theirs is cheapest, they’ll win 😈

Kryton57

Cb – London.

Further research seems like this could be an ok deal (will still try for further discount). The company is rated highly on Internet nationally, both windows (1500 x 1000) are A graded pilkington glass with heat reflection and the non metal interior edges, argon filled dual opening. Door is 7 pt high security with furniture and spyhole into a glass arched recess. Price includes all fitting and removal off site of old stuff and scaffold.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘1 Front Door & 2 uptairs windows….’ is closed to new replies.