Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 1 day in north wales
  • lamo
    Free Member

Hi all, im going to north wales for a weekend in august to hike up a mountain and am gonna use this as an opportunity to spend a day riding….but which trail centre would my day be best spent?ive been to cwmcarn a few times and afan and loved em both. Any help would be much appreciated….

ampthill

Well if your not that fit like me then Penmachno. Its brilliant. I like as it has a high % of single track and maintains intrest.

but its not really a day

Spending the rest of the day on the Marin trail is an option. I’ve done bits of which weren’t that amazing, its generally considered not as good as the newer trails

Coed y Brenin has way more trails and its good. Bit IMHO not as good as Penmachno. Its not that the trails aren’t good its more that you feel like your on a fire road tour with single track diversions.

Northwind

I’d go straight to Coed-y-Brenin, do not pass go, Penmachno’s lovely but CYB knocked it for 6 in my book. Also easy to add/subtract sections depending on your tiredness and time- frinstance you can do the start and finish of the Beast as a very short lap if you’ve got any legs left. It does feel longer than it should be- you need to work fairly hard for the good bits, as though they were accidentally dropped on the hill too far apart. But they’re worth it. It’s the one place we did in Wales that I’m really aching to get back to.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Penmachno is great but I think I’d opt for CyB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘1 day in north wales’ is closed to new replies.