Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • '09 revs 140mm with maxle… opinions
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

thinking about upgrading from my 4yr old OEM pikes to some of the air version above, anyone have them, and how do they compare to the (coil) pikes

RealMan
    Free Member

I have them.

Unfortunately, all I can tell you is they look quite nice, and feel fairly light. Havnt actually put them on a bike yet.

http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=6109

What a price though. Thats with 110-140mm travel though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ye i found some cheap ones too, thats why i was thinking about doing it

RealMan
    Free Member

Well are your pikes broken? Are they too heavy for your current type of riding? Do you have lots and lots of money?

If yes to any of those, buy them.

carlphillips
    Free Member

no no and no… i still want them though!!

i do ok on the pikes but reckon at 5.4lb they could be lighter and if the revs give good performance then im in like flynn.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I fitted a set of these recently and I have coil pikes on my other bike. Very nice indeed, not noticeably any less stiff or anything, but definitely noticeably lighter.

Mine has a slight (but annoying) clunking noise at the top of the travel, but I'm not sure if it's just that I haven't got enough positive air in there or something as I havent set it up properly yet.

I do remember reading something about a couple of mm 'dead travel' caused by the U turn adjuster part, perhaps it's that.

If I were buying again I would probably get the non-Uturn version.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers bp. kinda what i was after, although i use my u-turn a lot on my 456 so will go for that.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

I have the same forks and i cant fault them. I also notice a clunk sometimes but it only seems to happen when not run at full travel. At that price there a great buy and the maxle is super stiff.

carlphillips
    Free Member

thats cool, light and stiff is always good, just what i want

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘'09 revs 140mm with maxle… opinions’ is closed to new replies.