Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 09 Revelations or wait for Sektor?
  • thebunk

Trying to decide whether to get some 09 RS Revelations or wait for the Sektor. Anything new on release date or prices yet?

ta,

thebunk

househusband
    Free Member

I rode with someone in the bike trade at the weekend and they said that they had the SRAM rep in recently and that stock of the Sektor was due within three to four weeks. I'm holding off on new forks until there's some feedback on the Sektor.

bol

There'll be close out deals on the 2010 Revs before all that long (if you can't stretch to the prices Merlin have them at currently). I'd take that route if you can afford it – they're lovely.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thebunk

househusband that's the sort of insider knowledge I'm talking about!

Balls though, 3-4 weeks is just close enough to wait and see, but still a long time to bounce around on a broken rockshox dart…

18bikes

fisher site suggests a little longer than that. RRP from £320 to £400

thebunk

I know this is asking a lot, but would anyone happen to know the differences between a Revelation 426 u-turn maxle light (on CRC for £385, please don't buy them all before I've made up my mind) and the equivalent Sektor?

Alternatively, just tell me to buy the stupid forks, and I'll stop polluting Singletrack with stupid fork questions…

bol

I know this is a typical STW answer to a question that you haven't asked, but for another £90 you can have the 2010 maxle u-turn revelation from Merlin which is a lot lighter, had got more travel, black box motion control, and is the nicest fork I've ever used.

thebunk

Fair point bol. Even though I'm trying to future proof with my next set, the best part of 500 quid for forks takes some getting used to…

…Especially for my wife 😈

househusband
    Free Member

Good point, Bol… but then it's not as if I actually, properly need new forks!

bol

You're right, it is a stupid amount of money. I was lucky enough to pick mine up a couple of months old through the classifieds for a lot less, but sadly they don't come up like that very often. Another option would be to buy something second hand off here, use it until a real bargain comes up, then sell it for about what you paid for it.

thebunk
    tails
    Free Member

Where does the sektor fit in the range, first I've heard of it?

thebunk

Another thing to make your bike bouncy

Sort of replacement for the Pike, but it sounds like it crosses over the recon and the revelation too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘09 Revelations or wait for Sektor?’ is closed to new replies.