Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 09 Magura Durin or 2010 SID Race
  • vrapan
    Free Member

Is the Magura Durin any better than the SID Race? Which one would you choose and why? Any experience from owners? Thanks!

njee20
    Free Member

SID. More proven reliability, Magura aftersales is not their strong point.

pinches
    Free Member

aftersales not their strong point?

I'd 100% go Durins, over SID race. Durins are way stiffer, plush as you like.

I've had 2 pairs of forks and 2 sets of brakes all serviced/warranty repaired when relevant with no argument, even parts FOC etc etc. UK based service centre, easily contacted phone/email if they can't fix it they go back to Germany where the Germans ring you and speak perfect English.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

Sounds like they've upped their game then, Magura UK used to be a bit of a 'one man band' who were impossible to get hold of, with services taking a really long time and warranty claims a bugger to pursue!

gee
    Free Member

Surely the fact that you've had to send back so much Magura stuff is a sign…???

2 pairs of SIDS and they're both excellent. Idiot proof servicing too.

GB

pinches
    Free Member

hmm maybe! but last summer i had some Louise Carbon BATs, rode them once, the lever body had an issue, complete master cyclinder fitted under warranty FOC and posted back. Still couldn't get them working right, sent them back again, they were re-bled, and they sent me some new pads FOC and some wipes to clean the rotor.

ALso had the compression cartridge fail on my Menjas, sent back, 3 weeks (waiting for part) new (2009) compression cart fitted, returned etc FOC

Moda
    Free Member

Can't comment on both both i owned a set of Durins until 8 months ago, they were superb and i've tried quite a few forks. I had no problem getting them serviced at a LBS go to the Magura website and they do have a network now of LBS that service the forks.. I would still have them now but i prefered my Scott spark with 120mm travel as prefer a more relaxed head angle

Also i was told by a well known racer that for stiffness the Durins had been lab tested with the new Sids and the Durins were way ahead….

vrapan
    Free Member

pinches you make a good case for magura service but not for their product's reliability 🙂

Thanks guys!

pinches
    Free Member

I'm not sure if its the case that i was 1) being a mong with them or 2) i coincidentally manage to buy something dodgy because they were cheap!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Im enjoying my SIDs atm but havent tried durins. If it was my choice again, i would go with rockshox, warranty is fantastic!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Owned both, used both. Sold the SIDs, kept the Durins.
    Much smoother, stiffer and more controlled action.

I'm a convert.

gee
    Free Member

Bet you can't service the Maguras in 10 mins with an allen key and a hammer 😉

Those SIDS you sold me are great BTW – although the frame they were bolted to only lasted one ride after I fitted them 🙁

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Well I should imagine they were great, they were almost brand new.
    Just personal preference I guess, prefer the action of the Durins. I'll be running Reba's this year, so hopefully they are different to SIDs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘09 Magura Durin or 2010 SID Race’ is closed to new replies.