Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 09 fox, floaring disc issues.
  • Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

In my LBS this afternoon to look at the 09 fox forks and there seems to be an issue with the post mounts and floating Hope/Magura venti disc that are used on Chris King hubs. Now Mojo have said its Chris King but I have no issues with my older Fox/King/Magura set up and I know for a fact that neither Magura/King or Hope have changed their rotas or hubs. Anyone else had this problem? I’m now interested to find out who is telling the truth and what is the solution….

coatesy
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem to be any problem on any fitted with Hope hubs that i’ve built.

Daffy

I’ve had problems with loads of my CK hubs, floating rotors and Fox forks.

In the end I had to file down the post mount tabs on the forks and then touch them up.

Daffy

It is a CK thing, Crossmax, Hope and DT hubs are fine.

CK says its the tollerances on the fork lowers and floaty rotors, we are talking 1-2mm here.

Hadge
    Free Member

It is a Chris King thing, we found that out when we were making the 15mm QR adaptors for CK hubs. The standard CK hubs did seem to foul the Hope floaters when used on Fox forks(09 ones at least). The adaptors re-positioned the disc tabs so that they couldn’t foul and they work perfectly now. I know this is only relevent to the 15mm QR system but thought you might like to know.

Daffy

Hadge. Do you work for CK?

Gary_C

I have a 36 FLOAT,(2008)& when I use the bike with my Crossmax ST wheelset,I can’t use my 203mm hope floating rotor,the alloy spider catches the post mount tabs.I have to fit a standard rotor instead.

Hadge
    Free Member

No, I work for Goldtec. We made some 15mm QR adaptors as CK aren’t bringing any out for a while and we were making a new 15mm hub at the time. I’ve seen some posts on the forum pages asking about CK adaptors so I’ve told them contact BETD Goldtec as we have them ready and waiting for use

Daffy

Cheers Hadge, Will keep it in mind. Do you still have the Merlin?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘09 fox, floaring disc issues.’ is closed to new replies.