• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by flow.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 08 Trek Fuel EX8 (whats it worth)
  • swainey180
    Free Member

this is my 08 trek ex8 thinking on selling it but would like to know what i should expect to get for it

Frame : 19.5 Alpha Red Aluminum w/R1i Trail Tuned Suspension, ABP pivot, Full Floater, Aluminum EVO Link, Hi/Lo chainstays, oversized sealed bearings, 120mm rear wheel travel

Front Suspension : Fox Float 130 RL

Rear Shock: Fox Float RP2

Wheels: Easton Haven 26″

Shifters Shimano XT 9 speed

Front Derailleur Shimano XT

Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore XT “Shadow”

Crank Shimano XT 44/32/22

Cassette shimano XT 11-32, 9 speed

Pedals Shimano M520, clipless

Saddle specialized phenom
    Seat Post Bontrager Race
    Handlebars Bontrager Race, 40mm rise, 31.8mm
    Stem syncros 70mm
    Headset Aheadset w/cartridge bearings, sealed, alloy
    Brakeset Hope Mono Mini Disc brakes, front and rear

nuke

Ok, I’ll have a crack at this…few upgrades (Wheels, brakes, stem, saddle…not sure of age or value), bit of heel rub but looks goodish condition, not sure on when if forks/shock/bearings have been serviced, colour might not be to everyone’s taste…I’ll put in a value of around £800

paulo6624
    Free Member

id give ya that

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    swainey180
    Free Member

wheels stem and saddle was all bought new in april 2010 the bike had a full service all bearings new xtr cables in april 2011 the wheels cost £600 new if this helps

paulo6624
    Free Member

i take it you think 800 was unreasonable?

swainey180
    Free Member

no each to there own …..just trying to be honist

ok i would not let it go for 800 do you think im being unreasonable

paulo6624
    Free Member

not at all, i actually think nuke is spot on with his valuation it would fetch that kind of money as a full bike on st, splitting is the way to go on here if you can be bothered ive split a few bikes on here so have a rough idea on what the kit here is likely to fetch so if this is any help

frame £350
    fork 200 – 225
    brakes £100
    xt crank £60
    xt shifters £40
    front and rear mech together £30
    wheels 200 ish not seen a set of these on here so purely a guess
    bars stem seatpost £30
    cassette £10-15

of course these are only estimates i tend to sell slightly cheaper so things move quicker always something new to buy lol, to the right person the frame could fetch £500 if someone just so happens to be looking for an ex8 at the time you sell, out of interest if you do decide to split those havens would suit me as ive just ordered haven bar and stem combo so give me a shout if thats the way you go, good luck

swainey180
    Free Member

not thought about spliting … its all good feedback

will let you know if i diside to split

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Sold mine end of last year on Fleabay, similar spec,(but not as Un-used looking as yours) for £850.. so think £800ish would be about right.
    Put it in the auction and let it run… you might be “surprised” 😉

Wibble89
    Free Member

What it is worth is normally in the envelope between these two figures, dependant on condition and whether the item is in demand:

original cost * 0.5 * 0.9^(n-1) where n is its age

original cost * (2/3)^n

The main parts you’ve upgraded are brakes and wheels, the rest probably didn’t add significant value. You also need to factor in what the replaced parts are worth. Brakes 150 minus 80, and wheels 300 or 400 (max on a lucky day) minus 120ish.

So your bike in original spec is worth between 505 and 690 depending on condition plus 250. So overall around 755 to 940. Might stretch to 1000 if you have a lot of interest (eg drunken ebay war)

HTH

Sionwms
    Free Member

Yes id say between 800-1000 on eBay depending on how much interest you get… Bikes do seem to be going for well over the odds on there at the moment, bought my 2nd bike on there for 650 a year ago rode the shit out of it and sold it on for 590 a year later!!!

ricardo666
    Free Member

I bought mine for 900 when it was 9 months old. Cost was 1600 new then.

chakaping
    Free Member

£1,100 if all in VGC and to right buyer. They do hold their value quite well.

But you may do better to get a cheaper pair of wheels on it and flog the blingy wheels separately.

pickle
    Free Member

i guess it’s worth what anyone will pay for it (not that that helps you much)

robidoo
    Free Member

If selling as full bike I agree with chakaping put a cheaper wheelset on and sell the Eastons separate.

Rosss
    Free Member

Any chance of some high quality pictures to the email in my profile. I could be very interested

paulo6624
    Free Member

so what would you take realistically ?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

nice bike, shame about the hideous rims.

flow
    Free Member

I will buy the wheels for £200

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘08 Trek Fuel EX8 (whats it worth)’ is closed to new replies.