Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 08 Orange Patriot- explain stroke. Would this work?
  • hora
    Free Member

Currently running a 215×15 shock. Ive seen a 200×57 CTD shock that would also fit?

Look at the attached image. I’d fit the 200×57 one space back thus equalling the length/current angle approx? I dont mind the slight drop in travel. Is this thinking right? How wrong am I?

http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/30625376@N06/13794810683/

goodgrief
    Free Member

There was a larger shock shuttle for short air shocks, not sure if you’d find one these days

mikewsmith
    Free Member

privacy on the pics again?

Assume you mean 215×51?

hora
    Free Member

Found this. It says you only need a short shock shuttle for the 190?

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/patriot-66-shock-info

Mike try this

http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/30625376@N06/13794810683/sizes/l/

Bagstard
    Free Member

Pretty sure you can run 200×57 on the long shuttle, but you need the short shuttle to run 190×50.

hora
    Free Member

The length would equal out then, only the travel available would drop? Simply move the shuttle back to the final hole to action? I do want similar geo.

ianpv
    Free Member

200 /57 on the normal shuttle is fine, ran my 08 patriot like that for years with a lyrik. Gives 160mm travel near enough. I ran mine with 215mm, 200mm and 190mm shocks, and preferred the 200 for most things.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Assume you mean 215×51?

I assume he means 215×65…

hora
    Free Member

Its adjustable 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

Why don’t you try that shock of mine to see how it affects things

hora
    Free Member

The one in 4 bits? Could do but it Loco would need to fix.

DeeW
    Free Member

Pretty sure it was a 200×57 I fitted to mine. So long ago now I forgot the original and new shock dimensions though.

anyway a slightly shorter eye to eye shock with shorter stroke will allow you to lower the bb and slacken the head angle a treat. You will lose a tiny bit of travel if that bothers you. I moved the shock shuttle forward as far as I could without the rear tyre hitting the seat tube at full travel to lower the bb. IMO makes a far better trail bike set up like this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘08 Orange Patriot- explain stroke. Would this work?’ is closed to new replies.