Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 05/06 Specialized Enduro questions
  • vinnyeh

I've got a few questions re the 05-06 Specialized Enduro:
    does anybody know what the bb heights and head angle are with the two rockers that came with the frame? The rocker I have is on a 6" travel frame and says 69.5 degree h/a, 300mm bb height- what's the other
    There's two models of the same frame, one with 130 and one with 150mm of travel- are the linkages adjusted so the bb height and head angles are the same for both travel models?
    If I was to fit the shorter stroke and length shock to my frame what would be the approxiamate effect on the geometry, and would this be a really bad thing to do?

hoykalot
    Free Member

i have the enduro expert 06. if you go to specialized website. click bikes then archive. select 06 enduro then click the link for geometry all the info you are looking for is there

vinnyeh

ta, looked before but couldn't find the old info – looks like it's on the US site only.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think rear travels from model to model were altered more by the shock used and then matched by the forks then by swapping shuttles.

on my 2006 S-Works frame I am running fox DHX5 coil (with no travel adjustment) so should get 6.5 or maybe 7" at the back (enduro rear shocks are 64mm stroke (a 70mm stroke standard unit altered to give 64mm basically but mine is 70mm as I cut the spacer off). All it means is that the rear wheel goes up higher than it should which is only a prob on small frames with the rear wheel hitting the seat tube. Mine is a large…

I am running 160mm Fox 36's up front with the low BB shuttle and the whole bike is so planted its untrue. Last year it was on the stock rear shock (DHX5 air) and 130mm revelations and it wasn't bad on that either with the high BB shuttle.

I don't think different linkages are used for different rear shocks (which ought to be the only difference you mention.

There is a HUGE amount of information here – be warned though, reading it made me get the coil shock and Fox 36's. NOT CHEAP. 😀

Top frame though, enjoy it. I believe the frame is still available in the US too and the "septics" love them.

beefing up an enduro

coolhandluke
    Free Member

knew I'd seen it somewhere

Just to clarify, Specialized was spec'ing 8.75 x 2.5 shocks for the 06/07 Enduro EXPERT and up. (this equals 150mm rear travel)

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM…007&spid=22011

The ELITE and below were getting 8.5 x 2.25 shocks (this equals 140mm travel)

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM…007&spid=22010
    bad andy is online now Reply With Quote

vinnyeh

cheers for that link- I realised that the shock length was used to alter the travel, just wasn't sure how they then standardised the geometry and bb heights across the range when the shock eye to eye lengths varied- whether the shorter travel models used a different shuttle to get the bb height up again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘05/06 Specialized Enduro questions’ is closed to new replies.