Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 02 Phone unlock
  • RegP
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a work iphone that is about to come out of contact and we are to get new handsets, as we are switching to Vodafone.

I see I can unlock my handset on the O2 Website, does anyone know if this costs anything?
    Reason for doing this is if I go biking it would be good to use the old phone as lest risk of breaking it in a fall as the screen is all ready knackered.

Also can you un-lock them after the contract runs out?

Thanks for the help.

Reg

Jamie
    Free Member

….does anyone know if this costs anything?

It’s free.

Also can you un-lock them after the contract runs out?

Not 100% sure, about 99%, but I know the procedure takes a while, so why not start the ball rolling while still in contract?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’ve never known O2 lock a phone to their network…all my Nokia’s I’ve had from them were unlocked as standard.

shotsaway
    Free Member

If you are on a “contract” there is no charge to unlock the iphone. If you are a “pay as you go” customer, there is an unlocking charge (£15 I think).

My O2 iphone contract is up on the 5th April, so I phoned them last week and asked them to unlock my iphone. I wanted this done before the contract ended, just in case they then decided to charge me! The process was straight forward. I had to provide them with the IMEI number (Although they must have a record of this?). 48 hours later I received a text with further instructions. I had to insert a non O2 sim card and then sync the iphone with itunes. Once I had finished the sync the iphone was unlocked. I tested the vodafone sim card and all was working fine.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

They wanted to charge me £25 so I got it ‘coughs’ unlocked down the market for £10…

….actually no, that was Orange…. as you were pretend I didn’t say anything *blonde moment* 😯

But, you can usually get them force unlocked in little shops and market stalls

Cougar

The best way to unlock O2 phones is via O2. Most handsets are unlocked anyway, but some (noteably the jesusphone and some Android handsets) are provider-locked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘02 Phone unlock’ is closed to new replies.