Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • – Tour Divide'rs – How's the training going?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Oh missed the bit about the bladder. As you were.

GregMay
    Free Member

*nods*

Roger.

*eats more food*

molgrips
    Free Member

My name’s not Roger, but you can call me that if you like.

I wonder if that Cutthroat would make a good XC race bike?

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ve debated it – I think it could, I may play with it as so when I get back, but I think it’d be quite odd.

molgrips
    Free Member

Geom looks the same as my el mar, more or less.

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ve had it beside mine – also a large as per the CT – similar, but slightly different.

robcolliver
    Free Member

This time next week, I’ll be up in Calgary and getting ready for my Wednesday ITT depart. Bike is getting checked by Straight line in Fernie tomorrow and all the go-faster drivetrain put back on. Bags all cleaned, kit all ready.
    GPS/ lights all tested and had a nice email from Lauf saying good luck and I’m in good company as Josh Kato is also racing the same fork. He should pass me on my day 5, somewhere near Helena.
    Thanks again to the team at USE for lights, bars, seatpost etc.

If I had a camera, I’d post a piccie, but space on the bike for more food is better than a camera.

johnnystorm

Good luck Rob, I’ll be boxing up my bike today and flying out to Calgary on Friday morning. 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

If I had a camera, I’d post a piccie, but space on the bike for more food is better than a camera.

Food is transient, the photos you take on the Divide won’t be. But each to their own.

GregMay
    Free Member

Riders names up. 150 GD riders going SoBo.

GregMay
    Free Member

I’m out of here. Few things to do before I fly out today.

Happy dot watching kids. See you in July.

weeksy

Thanks for the info Greg, very informative.

faustus

Good luck Greg and enjoy! Lots of dot watching to do what with the Trans Am too..

jekkyl

Good luck Greg, keep it between the ditches.

faustus

On the back of the kit list discussion above, just noticed that Josh Kato has a cut-down toothbrush! 🙂 The margins are getting smaller…

brassneck

Good luck the pair of you (I’ve only counted 2 but I’m not so observant).

Stay on the path! Or don’t if its quicker.

allthepies
    Free Member

He’s taking a toothbrush ?

Pah.

jameso

Good luck Greg, Rob, Tom and Nigel/JohnnyStorm! 4 posters here in the TDR this summer. Hope the weather’s kind, but not so kind you feel you’ve missed one of the TD’s essential experiences 😀

There’s also Guy Martin and Mike Hall from the UK, plus a couple of others I’ll be wishing luck to as the dots roll along – Mike McElveen from the US, 63, he’s ridden the GDMTBR before and is racing this year. A great guy, an eloquent writer also. Look forward to hearing from him after the ride and reading his thoughts on it all. Liam Crowley also – an Irish chap living in Aus who raced in 2013. If you see this Liam, I hope your sprint is still up to scratch! ; )

craig24
    Free Member

Good luck all, I’ll be following the dots!

jekkyl

true to his word Rob started yesterday: http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide16i.php?name=Rob_Colliver&point=75
    Currently 140 miles in. I wonder why he choose to start ahead of the pack and not join in the race proper.

Gregs reports a pre-start position at Banf, as does Mike Hall. No sign in from Guy Martin yet.

Does someone fancy starting a proper thread? as this is the pre-race thread of sorts.

trail_rat
    Free Member

gregs prerace has been disturbed by his bike failing to arrive at the same time after a delay getting into london.

i believe he and the bike were being shuttled to banff once it arrived.

faustus

On no, that’s got to be distracting!

Happy to start a proper TD 2016 thread…what about one for the Trans Am race, which has had a phenomenal start?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what about one for the Trans Am race, which has had a phenomenal start?

hope Lee Fancourt is alright

molgrips
    Free Member

Does someone fancy starting a proper thread?

You know, you could. It’s easy… 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol.. the tracker is currently amusing as it shows the last locations of the riders all over the US and the world 🙂

jekkyl

lol faustas has done one now. Let this thread die

v666ern
    Free Member

hope Lee Fancourt is alright

I’m still alive! TABR day 6

FROM FB PAGE

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘– Tour Divide'rs – How's the training going?’ is closed to new replies.