Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Goodness me- 3 weeks to get ready for a 70km Sportive
  • crazy-legs

Ronde van Chinley report.
    Hora didn’t start. Bailed. Wussed out.

😆

simondbarnes

Hora didn’t start. Bailed. Wussed out.

You probably put him off doing it with your scare stories of how hard it was going to be.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wardrobe malfunction?

Bregante

The poor lad’s at deaths door and all you lot can do is mock. He barely has the strength to post on here today.
    Heartless sods the lot of you…

thepodge
    Free Member

He keep entering them and then emailing a few of us to see if we’ll join him. every time we’ve said no, you’d think he’d ask then enter.

To be fair, the weather has been a bit parp today, I’d have thought twice about turning up

BadlyWiredDog

The weather was okay, a bit windy, but it stayed dry until most people were back – there were even some nut-jobs on tandems out there… The route is best described as ‘undulating’. Great event, well organised and marshalled and I only saw two people riding out of junctions straight in front of oncoming cars 😉

hora
    Free Member

Podge I did ask if you’d do the Mills Hills Sportive. Had to do that alone 🙁

Not much moving round this weekend. Went to the Art Gallery this aft and just sat. Aching joints are back.

nbt

It was a right bastard on the tandem. The climb out of Combs into a headwind almost had me in tears, it was awful. Couple of shaky moments on descents too when the wind was causing me issues. Nonetheless, we made it all the way round and cleaned every climb including Start Lane: Nik the ride organiser promised us a point if we managed that, but to be honest the pub was so busy at the end we just scoffed our food (upstairs where we could get a seat) then went home

thepodge
    Free Member

Every time you ask me about doing a sportive I say let’s go for a ride we don’t have to pay for

Bunnyhop

there were even some nut-jobs on tandems out there..

Heehee.
    Sorry I was a bit rude to you and the mrs. BWD, but I was truly done in.
    Even on the tandem the downs which are usually fast, had to be taken carefully.
    Head wind on one of the climbs was scary.

I went to bed at 8.30, was just so tired.
    Claim to fame: I was last. Haha.
    Thanks to everyone who organised it.

There’s always next year Hora 😉

crazy-legs

Can I just resurrect this thread to point out that, for the second year running, Hora entered this event and then didn’t actually start…

scaredypants

I believe it’s the thought that counts, isn’t it ?

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Goodness me- 3 weeks to get ready for a 70km Sportive’ is closed to new replies.