• This topic has 89 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • ?eta Male – thanks guys
  • DezB
    Free Member

But you can buy it ironically

That’s what I’ve just done. I shall laugh mockingly at the annoying bits (and the cover) 😀

wwaswas

Will you pledge some money to make my dreams come true too?

write a convincing spiel, bring me back some moon rock and I’ll back you.

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

Euro – the good thing about crowd funding is that you can ask people to back your dream of becoming an astronaut. If you only write it as a piffling comment on a message board though, it probably isn’t going to happen…

Euro
    Free Member

It’s too late for me now Jamie as i’ve outgrown my spacesuit and adult sizes are ridiculously expensive. Dreams can come true though, even shite ones like yours, so best of luck.

grum
    Free Member

But you can buy it ironically, leave it on your coffee table as a point for wry observation and deconstructive conversation, “I know, isn’t it?” then read the bits you’re interested in while no-ones looking. That’s my plan.

Yeah maybe, but…

Becoming a dad totally changed my perspective so I thought it would be cool to share some things.

Uh oh – I was possibly interested but if there’s going to be loads of stuff about how amazing fatherhood is and how non-parents just don’t get it you can count me out.

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

‘Dreams can come true though, even shite ones like yours’ hahahaha that’s another t-shirt right there.

wwaswas

Euro – that’s a line crossed in terms between ‘I don’t like what you’re doing as it’s not of any interest to me’ and ‘I’ll just shit on your parade’, imo obviously. Wholly unnecessary.

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

grum – you’ve been hanging out with some weird parents if that’s their attitude.

Euro
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    Euro – that’s a line crossed in terms between ‘I don’t like what you’re doing as it’s not of any interest to me’ and ‘I’ll just shit on your parade’, imo obviously. Wholly unnecessary.

It was aimed at Jamie, wwaswaswas, and he took it as it was intended.

buck53

Goodness, you really can write a lot of rude words on here now without those stars coming up instead, eh?

wwaswas

yet if you type *’s instead of a rude word it counts as swear filter evasion.

buck53

Genius.

razorrazoo

Disappointed at the news, I always thought it was a decent idea, not for everyone, but a far more interesting concept for me than the alternatives on the market.

If he wants to make money from a magazine i’d suggest weddings or home furnishings

Don’t be so sure, my missus is a freelance Homes writer and that sector is going through the wringer, massively saturated.

Saw once darling of IPC, Nuts, is now being pulled – no need for softcore rhythm pamphlets since the internet became more mobile.

Cougar

If he wants to tells us how to drink tea, climb hills and be a father then a blog is a better idea.

But we already have that website, you’re reading it.

yet if you type *’s instead of a rude word it counts as swear filter evasion.

That was a misinterpretation of the T&Cs amongst the Moderator team which was raised and addressed about a year ago. Shouldn’t happen any more.

Jamie
    Free Member

but he wanted to do a magazine?

Get with it, Granddad. Blogs are the new magazines.

the-muffin-man

If this is aimed at middle-aged blokes don’t they (we) already tend to have firm ideas about what the do and don’t like and the ‘lifestyle’ they like to lead? And either don’t buy magazines at all or move on to niche* magazines with a specific focus like Practical Motorhome, Golf Monthly, Railway Modeller or STW.

(*no, not that sort of mag – that’s what the tinternet is for!)

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

Jamie – I’m going to put it out as a monthly, subscription-based CD-Rom, and aim to move it all onto Bebo when that takes off again.

the-muffin-man – sort of like that, but for the ones who haven’t shut themselves off from new ideas/experiences.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – I’m going to put it out as a monthly, subscription-based CD-Rom, and aim to move it all onto Bebo when that takes off again.

Bebo? You do realise all the cool kids are using Myspace now, right?

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

Yeah but Bebo’s coming back!

razorrazoo

Jamie – Member
    Bebo? You do realise all the cool kids are using Myspace now, right?

What? I’m still on friends reunited!

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Irony riggghhhht?

CD-Rom? Eh? Nahhh you are taking the piss now. SHirley the folks you intend to buy the Mag own iPads and MacAirs and iPhones. Last time I looked the only good thing a CD-Rom was for was putting a shitty coffee cup on.

Could be wrong, I could be riiight.. Anger is an energy, Anger is an energy 😆

Cougar

you are taking the piss now.

Nothing gets past us, hey.

Jamie
    Free Member

Irony riggghhhht?

No.

I’ll tell you what is a good source of irony, tho.

Kale.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

It’s just a picture of me

its not just a picture though is it? Or do all the pictures you have show you staring off contemplatively into the middle distance, stood in such a manner you teasingly show off your tats, flaunting a f— off big yet- trying-to-be-understated watch?

You come across in this thread as having a sense of humour and not taking yourself too seriously, the polar opposite of what I see in that picture. Maybe its just me (though i quoted someone with a similar impression). The power of marketing I guess, works both ways.

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

Ok, this is how it happened…

A mate of mine wanted to do some photos of me for a project he’s doing at uni. I said yeah sure and when another mate of mine saw them he said I should use it on the ß|M cover cos we didn’t have an image to use that was copyright of someone else.

So that’s what we did and it kind of worked.

If I didn’t have tattoos/beard/big watch I’d still have used it, but that’s what I actually look like every day.

Cougar

that’s what I actually look like every day.

Oh gods, you’ve done it now. Brace yourself.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Bollocks to it, I’m going to patent ‘Beardy McAxerson’ – thirty Bob every time it’s used, I tell thee.

Cougar

thirty Bob

Is he one of the target audience members?

Cougar

(Apopos of nothing; I used to work with a bloke called Robert who was really into his rap music. I nicknamed him “10 Bob.” No-one got it.)

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Barnsley currency Cougar, approximately one and a half English quid pounds.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’m also considering placing restrictions on the use of bi-curious Muslim swan as well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Beta Kale, Jamie Sir I just pffffft lolled at that.

Genius

Leku
    Free Member

Would an IMB type magazine be an option?

Reads like a traditional mag but with the advantages of linking to video / other web sites.

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue28/?Cover

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

If I don’t manage to raise the money by 11am on Saturday then anything is an option!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Hey Jamie.. I’m not having a go or anything, I admire anyone who sets themselves a goal, and works hard to achieve it, but what put me off was the video.

You stated you don’t have much free time, hence filming whilst driving, but surely making the right impression and setting aside a bit of time to edit something a bit more professional would have been a better idea, especially when you’re asking people to invest their hard earned cash.

You then mentioned in your text that the magazine would be completed in your spare time, which you’d just demonstrated that you didn’t have enough of to make a proper video, so I’m not sure when you’d be able to edit an entire magazine?

Like I said, I’m not having a go, I admire your ambition, and the fact that you’ve raised over 7k is commendable, I just think that if you’re asking people to invest money, then maybe you should have demonstrated that you are prepared to invest a bit more of your time, to show potential investors that you’re serious.

I wish you well all the same though, and hope that you reach your target.

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

I didn’t have any time running up to that to shoot or edit a video, which I have no skills for, but I have plenty of skills to edit a magazine (and about four hours a day on a train!).

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I wasn’t criticising your video skills, it seemed to be a decent resolution and no issues with the editing etc, I just meant that IMO it would have set a better impression if you’d written a script, and then shot the video with a few takes to get it perfect, rather than try to ad lib it all whilst semi distracted with driving.

That way you’d have been able to clearly communicate your vision to the potential investor, rather than making the inevitable mistakes that anyone would make if trying to freestyle it all in one take.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

You should have made the video on the train, would have been awesome. Method living train travel combined with video editing masterclass.

scotroutes

This is just spam/free advertising, yeah?

Jamie
    Free Member

This is just spam/free advertising, yeah?

No. It’s lifestyle tips for the modern man.

…and his beard.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘?eta Male – thanks guys’ is closed to new replies.