Calling all budding snappers and filmmakers, the TweedLove film and photo competitions need YOU.
The annual competitions are back, with entrants being invited to submit their best bike related images and films in return for guaranteed fame and fortune. (By which we mean some great prizes and the winning images and videos gracing the pages of Singletrackworld).
First up is the photo comp and this year there are four categories are on offer to help guide your pictures;
- Coming Home
- Bike Kit and
These broad themes can be interpreted any way you like, and you can submit up to five pictures in total. A panel of judges from the biking and photography world will then cast their expert eye over the images to shortlist their favourites.
The winning photos will be announced at the TweedLove Film Night on May 29th at the Eastgate Theatre in Peebles. A special exhibition of all the shortlisted entries will continue to run at the Eastgate until June 25th.
And speaking of the film night, this TweedLove classic will not only feature a selection of the best new cycling movies, but also a showcase of the winning videos from the film competition. As long as your film is bike based, you can be as creative as you like; kids, comedy and even James Bond himself have made appearances in entries from previous years. The prizes are pretty amazing, and you have until noon on May 23rd to get your entry in, so there’s no excuse not to dust off the camcorder.
And of course, even if you’re not entering either the film or photo comps you can still get a ticket for the film night, which promises to be an amazing night of cycling fuelled entertainment. Tickets are only £8 and available from www.tweedlove.com
Now for the techy stuff; Photo comp rules
- • Maximum of five photos by any one entrant
- • Open to amateurs only ie. you can’t enter if you make your living from photography
- • Photos must be A4, 300 dpi, jpg or tif, as ready to print
- • Deadline for entry – Tuesday 13 May.
- • All finalists will be included in the exhibition at the Eastgate Theatre.
- • Winners announced at the TweedLove film night on Thursday 29 May at the Eastgate.
- Send your images to email@example.com
- The image name should include the title of the image followed by your name, with underscore between words – e.g. follow_me_ben_smith.jpg
Film competition rules;
- Open to amateurs only – please don’t enter if you make a living from film-making.
- The film should be between 2.5 and 3 minutes long, and submitted on DVD or as a digital file.
- Send DVDs to TweedLove, c/o 12 Kingsmeadows Road, Peebles, Scottish Borders EH45 9EN
- Digital files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: April 25, 2014