A high end DH drivetrain which sees XX1 technology move over to downhill specific single ring set up, including a close ratio 7 speed cassette, here’s what SRAM has to say…
SRAM X01 DH
Every descent rewrites the laws of gravity. Every mountain pushes you further. Engineered in Germany, SRAM X01 DH delivers quicker shifting, smarter gear steps, and more precise chain management. Featuring SRAM’s 7-speed X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur and X-DOME™ MINI BLOCK™ cassette, the X-SYNC chain ring, and the X-ACTUATION™ trigger shifter, it’s the integrated SRAM 1X™ drivetrain for complete control. Made for gravity athletes. Proven by champions. And now available to every rider. X01 DH. GO BEYOND.
SRAM X01 DH 7-Speed Overview
High performance shifting engineered for DH bikes
Optimized gearing for DH
Lightest crank, lightest cassette, lightest shifter, lightest group
Better overall system durability
All X0 DH cranks get upgraded to X01 DH cranks with X-SYNC™ rings
Based on our SRAM 1X™ philosophy of a dedicated system, X-SYNC™, X-HORIZON™, X-ACTUATION™
10-tooth cog allows smaller chain rings for more ground clearance
NEW X01 DH X-SYNC™ Carbon Crank
The X01 DH crankset with X-SYNC™ technology is engineered for ultimate DH performance in the most aggressive terrain. The carbon crank combines stiffness and strength with lightest-in-class weight of under 800 grams. Proven in World Cup and World Championship racing, it’s the crankset made for relentless downhill rides.
NEW X01 7-Speed Trigger Shifter
Harnessing SRAM’s 1X™ X-ACTUATION™ technology, the X01 DH trigger shifter delivers precise and dependable 7-speed performance. With ZERO LOSS™, the cable engages instantly so you shift faster. And with multi-adjustable triggers, you shift from whatever position fits perfectly with the way your ride. The shifter’s aluminum cover and adjustable forged aluminum pull lever bring the strength and durability you need to conquer the toughest terrain.
- SRAM 1X™ X-ACTUATION™ for precise and dependable 7-speed performance
- Multi-adjustable trigger shifter
- MatchMaker™ X compatible
- ZERO LOSS™ Engagement for fastest shifting
- Aluminum cover and adjustable forged aluminum pull lever
- Includes discrete clamp
NEW XG-795 X01 DH MINI BLOCK™ 7-speed Cassette
The MINI BLOCK™ X-DOME™ 7-speed cassette is engineered for the optimized gear steps that downhill riders want. Featuring 10–24 gearing with two-tooth steps, this technology eliminates the need for double/triple shifts to get in the gear you want. And because it’s so compact, it’s also light—the lightest cassette in existence. Compatible with any XD wheel, MINI BLOCK™ X-DOME™ technology integrates flawlessly with your SRAM 1X™ drivetrain. With durable JET™ black finish, the cassette looks as tough as it performs—ride after ride.
- Larger jumps between gears eliminate the need for double/triple shifts to get in the gear you want. (10-12-14-16-18-21-24)
- Less cogs allow faster transition from starting gear to high gear. Half as many shifts to get from 24-10 versus a normal 10-speed 26-11
- Larger gear range, 10-tooth cog opens up high end and allows smaller rings for ground clearance
- Lightest cassette. Ever.
- More rear wheel clearance around spokes
- 2-tooth steps are safer in shifting than 1-tooth steps under big loads
- Currently fits any XD™ compatible wheel and driver body
NEW X01 DH X-HORIZON™ Rear Derailleur
The 7-speed X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur makes shifting smooth and reliable no matter where you ride. Engineered to maintain consistent chain gap across all seven gears, X-HORIZON™ eliminates vertical movement for faster shifting, reduced shift force and an end to ghost shifting. ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology and the 12-tooth X-SYNC™ pulley wheels hold the chain in place, reducing bounce and chain slap. And CAGE LOCK™ technology makes wheel removal and installation easier than ever. Paired with the X01 DH 7-speed shifter, X-HORIZON™ forms the backbone of X-ACTUATION™ technology—and that means completely smooth shifting action.
SRAM X01 DH 10-Speed Setup
- High performance shifting engineered for DH bikes
- Optimized gearing for DH
- Lightest crank, lightest cassette, lightest shifter, lightest group
- Better overall system durability
- All X0 DH cranks get upgraded to X01 DH cranks with X-SYNC™ rings
- Based on our 1X™ philosophy of a dedicated system, X-SYNC™, X-HORIZON™, X-ACTUATION™
- 10-tooth cog allows smaller rings for more ground clearance
X0 10-Speed Grip Shift
Grip Shift by SRAM. 10-speed. Three rows of ball bearings for smooth shifting action. Full-metal shift indexing. Integrated lock-on grip design. Unrivaled.
- EXACT ACTUATION™ for precise and dependable 10-speed performance
- SPEED METAL™ shift indexing
- ROLLING THUNDER™ ball bearings
- JAWS™ lock-on grip technology
- Includes lock-on grips
- Colors: Silver and Red
- Weight: 287g (clamps, cables, and JAWS™ lock-on grips)
SRAM PG-1070 10-Speed Cassette
The PG-1070 cassette’s semi-spidered design maintains a high level of shifting performance. Our cog set features a semi-spidered construction for a maximum stiffness to weight ratio and is available in twelve optimized configurations to best match a wide variety of uses. To help you in the toughest climbs it is now available in the 12-36 ratio.
Posted on: March 4, 2014