by Dave Anderson
December 31, 2012
Did you miss out on a place in next year’s Trans-Provence? Already done a big multi-day event and now looking for your next big challenge? There’s a new kid on the block that might be of interest…
Trans-Savoie Race Event Registration – Dates Announced
Registration opens Tuesday 2nd January 2013 at 18:00 GMT (19:00 CET; 12:00 CST/USA)
The inaugural event will take place 17th to 24th August 2013 (with six days of racing commencing 08:30 on 18th August).
This uplift-assisted multi-day Enduro event adopts a familiar rally-style format to that of similar events such as the Trans-Provence, but throws Ski-lift uplifting, 3000m peaks and monster 1200m-vertical special stages into the mix. It begins at Val d’Isere and traverses the Savoie region of France, ending in Chamonix, covering 250km+ with a total altitude loss in excess of 20,000m.
The race package includes accommodation, catering, and logistical support such that all entrants can focus 100% on the racing, with an equal footing to all other competitors.
Entries will be allocated on first-come-first-served basis, as judged by the order they are received after the above time & date. We’d advise getting in quick since entries are limited to 35 open-category competitors. (A further 15 spaces are pre-allocated for professional entries).
The race entry fee of 995 GBP / 1249 EUROS includes:
- High quality campsite accommodation (individual tent)
- Quality catering (3 meals per day) plus trailside refuelling stations
- Daily logistical support / baggage transfer & full race support
- Fully sign-posted route in excess of 250km rideable terrain
- Electronic timing system and all associated equipment
- Route map and route / race crib notes
- Daily lift-passes as required to complete the route (average 3 per day)
- Vehicle support for breakdown / medical emergency
- On-site professional medical care & marshals
- Airport transfers to/from Geneva if required
- Limited Emergency Bike Maintenance from a team of mobile mechanics
- Access to daily de-brief and evening social events
Trans-Savoie Race Entry Process
- Download & complete the race-pre-entry form
- Email your completed pre-entry form (instructions on form) after the entry opening time. Please note early entries will be auto-rejected.
- You will be advised on the success of your application before Sunday 6th January 2013 (or within 5 days of receipt of application, thereafter).
- To secure your place, a non-refundable registration deposit of 295 GBP / 395 Euros is then payable immediately. Your place and race entry number will be confirmed by email on receipt of this deposit.
- Balance of payment for all outstanding fees is due by 1st April 2013.