It’s taken us til Tuesday to wake up from our weekend at Singletrack Sleepless In The Saddle. We think we’re mostly recovered now and hope you are, too.
Yes, it rained a bit, and if you didn’t have mud tyres then you were probably in for a tough time. But racing isn’t meant to be easy, and who in their right mind has traveled to a UK event this summer without packing their mud tyres and wellies as well as the sunscreen anyway? Despite challenging conditions, racers clocked up 1,657 laps of the 12.6km course – 20,878.2km of pedaling, pushing, slipping. slithering and grinning in all. Wow. You’re all winners!
A big thank you is due to the organisers for all their hard work and flexibility to keep the event running as smoothly as possible, the course team for putting together a fun and amusing lap, the marshals for their encouragement and smokey bonfire ambience, the expo crews and caterers for keeping everyone amused when they weren’t riding and of course the biggest thank you goes to the riders themselves, without whom the event would not be what it is. SITS is renowned for drawing as many novice and enthusiast riders as it does pros, and the atmosphere among those who stuck it out til morning was great. Give yourselves a big pat on the back and an extra biscuit with your tea – you deserve it.
Here’s Sim’s photographic take on proceedings:
This content is exclusive for Premier users.
If you are a Subscriber log in.
Subscriptions start from just £1.49
And here are the results:
1. Cycle Shack/Forme Coaching – 30laps
2. Displaced Northerners – 21laps
3. Top Force – 12laps
1. Nevis Cycles Woo Haa Ecosse – 29 laps
2. Army Cycling – 28 laps
3. Cannock Chase Massive – 27 laps
1. British Cycling One – 26 laps
2. Kenda Happy Medium – 24 laps
3. Bikeart/Thetford MTB Racing – 24 laps
1. Four4th Lights – 23 laps
1. Singletrack (that’s us!) Gritty Kitties – 22 laps
2. Craven Energy Ladies – 18 laps
3. MMB Two-Wheeled Attack Team – 17 laps
1. Lumicycles – 26 laps
2. Grimey Lymie Pair – 22 laps
3. Team Nurofen – 18 laps
1. Mary and Mungo but No Midge – 12 laps
2. Pair of Spanners – 9 laps
3. Mr & Mrs Anderson – 8 laps
1. Pink Heifers – 16 laps
2. Undeniably only got one friend – 8 laps (a fine hen weekend that was, eh?)
1. Pete Crawforth – 21 laps
2. Chris Edmondson – 19 laps
3. Simon Morton – 18 laps
1. Tracy Evans – 10 laps
2. Jessica Gray – 8 laps
3. Rebecca Ezard – 8 laps
Posted on: August 7, 2012