Looking for Up The Buttress 2013?
Update: Write-up and results here
Calling All Calderdale Hill Climbers!
FINAL UPDATE: THE RULES!
If you are entering on the day please register between 12pm and 1pm
- Helmets must be worn and bikes must have two working brakes.
- When returning through Hebden Bridge road laws must be obeyed.
- Slower riders must give way to faster riders on course.
- Please follow Marshalls/First Aiders/Polices guidance and advice when on the course or returning on the road for the second attempt.
- Number card must be displayed clearly at all times.
- Electric bikes will be allowed but the times will not be counted towards the overall prize (unless you carry it all the way up on your shoulders…..hopping)
- Riders times will only qualify if the bike is ridden past a pre determined halfway point before the finish line.
- Bikes may be pushed after the halfway point. Any bikes pushed before the halfway point will be classed as DNF
- Carrying of bikes is automatic DNF
- Dabs (foot down and remounting) are allowed at any point.
The above rules are only to prevent Ben from CycleRecycle entering on his comedy cardboard cut-out cycle!
Any assistance from spectators and riders will be penalised with a 30second time penalty (unless you’re 5 and on stabilizers)
JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL.
About the event
Up The Buttress is hill climb event that starts from the very centre of Hebden Bridge and heads directly up one of the cobbliest, steepiest climbs in the Calder Valley. It’s used as a footpath and is so steep it has a hand rail.
You can enter on any bike you like – it’s all good, and there are prizes in multiple categories from fancy dress to most comedy crash.. Oh and if you are the fastest up the hill you may earn some recognition of some kind.
The event is just one part of the Calderdale Cycle Festival and Singletrack will be throwing in a T-shirt, drinks bottle and copy of Singletrack magazine for all online entries. Your goody bag will be waiting for you at sign on.
The start is at the doors of the Hole In The Wall pub on Hanginroyd Lane.
Registration is available on the day. However, places are limited so to avoid disappointment book now.
Posted on: September 8, 2011