April 14, 2010
This is just in from Kevin at Transition Bikes
We got a few of the new Doubles air shipped for the team riders for Sea Otter so we decided to share some pics. The main shipment is on a boat and will be here right when we get back from Sea Otter middle of this month. Here is the low down on the new frame and how we were able to increase the awesomeness by 27%.
For the 2010 Double it was all about refinement and taking an already dialed frame to the next level. We looked at every tube, yoke, cnc’d bit and hardware to come up with the cleanest and trickest frame we could imagine. The result is a stronger and lighter Double that is more capable for a wider use of disciplines.
1. New proprietary formed tubeset for the front triangle. Internal headtube gusset and tube shapes that mate up perfectly to the tapered headtube for increased strength.
2. Adjustable travel via our new flip chip in the rocker arm. Travel options are now 80 or 100mm.
3. Internal chainstay cable routing for the rear derailleur.
4. Trick new custom pivot bolts that are our own design that match up nicely to dials on Fox forks.
5. 3 new colors to choose from, Raw, Lemon Lime Green, Cyan Blue.