by Ben Haworth
June 19, 2009
Nicolai UK say…
We have just launched a new model – the Helius AC. Officially it is a 2010 release but we have been working hard to get it out in time for this summer. The Helius bikes are our adjustable travel 4 bar range – and there are now models that cover everything from XC through to freeride. With forks getting ever longer, and the market demanding large amounts of travel without the weight penalty of a more DH orientated bike we have developed the Helius AC to sit somewhere between the CC and the AM. It should build to a sub 30lb bike with ease, with 146mm of rear travel, and rated for forks of up to 150mm.
Key features of the new frame:
- Hand-built in Germany – everything is machined and welded in house.
- Hundreds of colour options – anodised, powder coat (matt, gloss, glitter….)
- 146mm rear travel.
- Weight savings from machined braces, and new ceramic axles that replace steel to lose 85g over the CC
- Available with new integrated cable guide/chain stay protector.
- Based around 67-68 degree head angle depending on fork choice.
- Clearance for 2.4″ tyres.
- Options include – ConeHead steerer, Hammerschmidt mounts, custom geometry, thru axle….
- 5 year warranty.
Price in the UK will be around £1800 depending on shock choice and options.