The BIG Welsh weekend is 3 days of riding, racing, camping and entertainment offering a great family friendly package at a cracking venue.
What’s On Offer:
Camp site open, Event Registration, explore Margam with one of our led rides or head off to Afan/Glyncorwg for some trail centre delights.
• Watch the action at round 3 of the British XC Series with 300 of Britain’s top racers in action including reigning National Champions Jenny Copnall and (hopefully) Liam Killeen and Beijing Olympian Oli Beckingsale. There’s an International team coming over from South Africa…Team DCM Chrome, Mel Spath, Kate Potter, Sally BIgham and LIz Scalia.
Entries on the day are still available for the XC race.
• Free races for Under 12s
• Arena entertainment – Trials displays from Andrei Burton, Rollapaluza too
• Explore Margam Park with it’s adventure playground, Castle, Go-Ape course, Farm Trail and much more.
• Take a led ride or get yourself over to Afan for some more trail riding
• Watch or take part in the evening’s Rollapaluzza and load up at the £1 Pasta party.
• Trek British Marathon Championships. Entries are thin on the ground for this one.
• Choose your challenge and tackle the 25km Marathon course. 1 lap for fun, 2 for a Half Marathon and 4 laps to join the Nation’s best endurance athletes battling for the title of ‘Trek British Marathon Champion’ 2009..it’s up to you.
• Watch and support the riders tackling the Marathon or enjoy the delights of Margam
It all adds up to a great weekend of racing/riding/camping and chilling.
Your weekend entry includes:
• Camping and Parking for you and a guest from Friday onwards with hot showers, toilets, water, catering available.
• Entry to Margam Park and its attractions.
• Access to watch all the International race action and enjoy the event trade stands.
• Led ride programme within Margam Park on the Friday/Saturday (limited availability, email us to book a ride slot once you’ve entered) or just use the site as a camping base and drive over to Afan/Glyncorwg/Cwmcarn
• Entry into the Trek British Marathon Championships at your chosen distance 25/50/100k
• Saturday evening roller racing action and £1 pasta party (yes even your guest can grab the pasta and Garlic bread for a £1)
• Finishers Memento
• Well stocked feed/water stations on Marathon Route.
• First Aid
All this for £27…just enter your chosen marathon event and all the above is included or if you want to come and camp, watch the action and maybe enjoy a led ride £10.
Want to take part in the Marathon Champs but don’t want to camp or arrive before Sunday £20
Join over 1000 other riders at this unique weekend of Mountain Biking… Chipps is just packing the car with goodies to head on down later today.
Posted on: May 29, 2009