The 5th Big Welsh Weekend returns to Margam Park over the weekend of May 30/31.
The BIG Welsh weekend is 3 days of riding, racing, camping and entertainment offering a great family friendly package at a cracking venue.
What’s On Offer:
Camp site open, Event Registration, explore Margam with one of our led rides or head off to Afan/Glyncorwg for some trail centre delights.
• Watch the action at round 3 of the British XC Series with 300 of Britain’s top racers in action including reigning National Champions Jenny Copnall and Liam Killeen and Beijing Olympian Oli Beckingsale.
• Free races for Under 12s
• Arena entertainment
• Explore Margam Park with it’s adventure playground, Castle, Go-Ape course, Farm Trail and much more.
• Take a led ride or get yourself over to Afan for some more trail riding
• Watch or take part in the evening’s Rollapaluzza and load up at the £1 Pasta party.
• Trek British Marathon Championships.
• Choose your challenge and tackle the 25km Marathon course. 1 lap for fun, 2 for a Half Marathon and 4 laps to join the Nation’s best endurance athletes battling for the title of ‘Trek British Marathon Champion’ 2009..it’s up to you.
• Watch and support the riders tackling the Marathon or enjoy the delights of Margam
It all adds up to a great weekend of racing/riding/camping and chilling.
Your weekend entry includes:
• Camping and Parking for you and a guest from Friday onwards with hot showers, toilets, water, catering available.
• Entry to Margam Park and its attractions.
• Access to watch all the International race action and enjoy the event trade stands.
• Led ride programme within Margam Park on the Friday/Saturday (limited availability, email us to book a ride slot once you’ve entered) or just use the site as a camping base and drive over to Afan/Glyncorwg/Cwmcarn
• Entry into the Trek British Marathon Championships at your chosen distance 25/50/100k
• Saturday evening roller racing action and £1 pasta party (yes even your guest can grab the pasta and Garlic bread for a £1)
• Finishers Memento
• Well stocked feed/water stations on Marathon Route.
• First Aid
All this for £27…just enter your chosen marathon event and all the above is included or if you want to come and camp, watch the action and maybe enjoy a led ride £10.
Want to take part in the Marathon Champs but don’t want to camp or arrive before Sunday £20
Join over 1000 other riders at this unique weekend of Mountain Biking…
Photos from previous Big Welsh Weekends courtesy of Joolze Dymond.
Posted on: February 25, 2009